Jen Psaki toys with Newsmax reporter when he asks a dumb "private memo" question

Originally published at: Jen Psaki toys with Newsmax reporter when he asks a dumb "private memo" question | Boing Boing

16 Likes

I really hope that someone is making a highlight reel/supercut of her doing this sort of thing. I’m really going to enjoy looking back on it after she moves on to a new gig.

39 Likes

You missed the memo?

THE PSAKI IS ETERNAL!!!

19 Likes

I used to think we’d never get past the whole “people are saying” idiocy of the Dump Administration’s approach to reality. Jen Psaki gives me hope.

37 Likes

The secret, private memo that everyone has?
Oh, yes, makes perfect sense.

26 Likes

I give it a year before the Fox, Newsmax, OAN, reporters start getting the drift that Jen Psaki is not going to let the press conferences be used for spreading Right Wing bullshit. They are a dense crowd and are slow to realize they are being ridiculed.

36 Likes

“Sounds mysterious — the memo, the secret memo,” she said

In my mind I could hear her say “Ooooooooooooooooooo! Sounds mysterious…”

26 Likes

oh they know they’re being ridiculed. people and organizations like that have very sensitive radar for that. they just can’t figure out exactly how they’re being ridiculed so when they respond it usually just makes them look worse.

See the collected works of Jordan Keppler (https://youtu.be/NzDhm808oU4)

also the entire genre of “self-owns”

11 Likes

I kept waiting for the Newsmax reporter’s mask to fall off, like one of Salome’s Seven Veils.

10 Likes

The reporters are hoping for a gotcha moment that they can parade a 10-second sound bite and use for click-bait. By having her tank them with calm composure, they end up with nothing.

19 Likes

Republicans and their secret evidence. Never ends with these guys.

26 Likes

If he wants us to take him at his word we would first have to assume Republicans are good with math AND that hes asking in good faith instead of trying to score partisan points based on a fictitious or dishonest “memo.”

11 Likes

I always felt sorry for Sarah, she seemed so obviously out witted by the radical left fake news. Nice to have someone like Ms Psaki with some smarts to deal with the reactionary right wing fake news.

9 Likes

You give them a year of them using these press conferences to spread Right Wing Bullshit to realize that they can’t use said press briefings to spread said Bullshit?

It’s not like they care about the response, the grift is in asking.

11 Likes

This is not true, They don’t need to use this exchange to prove anything, only to keep the true believers riled up. This is not the first time Newsmax viewers will have heard this lie, which they already believe. a quick edit and you get a soundbite of the press secretary being evasive about it.

Edit: Spelling

10 Likes

there was a time in the not so far past when a press secretary speaking with honesty and intelligence was unremarkable.

19 Likes

Why is Newsmax even in the room?

21 Likes

Guy didn’t read the memo. Says someone else did the math and it doesn’t add up.

She clearly restates his question to be sure it cannot be taken out of context, then asks him for proof, he has zero, she tells him to add it up.

And then just goes on to something else while he sits there wondering how he got so badly played.

chefs kiss Someone probably had to find his jaw for him.

24 Likes

They’ll keep going. All they’re after is for this shit to be mentioned on national TV. And then they can point to Psaki being unwilling to answer, or claim she won’t take their questions.

Their target audience isn’t watching them look like fools, so their later coverage about Biden and Psaki “refusing to answer” flies just fine. In the meantime it helps bootstrap secret memos into the overall discourse.

That’s probably why she’s so brief with this shit. It limits the breath the bad faith claims get, and undermines it being anything worth reporting elsewhere. It’s like a Gish Gallop thing. You get buried in all the bullshit all your doing is giving time over for the bullshitter to push their claims. If you quickly challenge and dismiss the whole shebang so you can get on to restating the truth. Then the truth is getting the airtime.

Didn’t even mention who or what the memo was from. I could write you a memo right now that says Bigfoot owns Rhode Island because of a secret treaty with the Space Lizards.

Send it to you and no one else.

And then there’s a “private memo” we could cite as proof of Bigfoot-Lizard collusion.

9 Likes

Wow, a “secret memo”; that sounds like a really reliable source of information.

Like many things from the Conspirosphere, this “secret memo” fails at the first hurdle; by failing to make an iota of sense.

20 Likes