When Fox's Peter Doocy asks Jen Psaki a stupid question, he gets the Jen Psaki treatment

Originally published at: When Fox's Peter Doocy asks Jen Psaki a stupid question, he gets the Jen Psaki treatment | Boing Boing

17 Likes

One does not try to ambush Jen Psaki with stupid questions. She will cut you from ear to ear.

54 Likes

You’ve been jenpsakied. That needs to be a thing.

42 Likes

She’s my absolute hero.

27 Likes

One punch man woman.

You come after Jen Psaki you best not miss.

33 Likes

Jen Psaki is the hero we shouldn’t need.

46 Likes

Honestly, not trying to be contrarian or anything, but this just seemed like a normal interaction of the kind I would expect from a reasonably competent spox.

Of course recent examples of people in that position throw this into sharp relief but in any other country, or in the US 4 years ago, this wouldn’t have raised an eyebrow.

39 Likes

42 Likes

Bette Middler in Ruthless People, FTW!

35 Likes

Damn, it’s nice to have a press secretary that can answer questions clearly and intelligently.

23 Likes

The Doocy apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
download (4)

12 Likes

That turd tRump even felt that smack down.

15b9up

15 Likes

What’s crazy is that he has been handled by her on the regs and still thinks he can bring it. It’s a fundamental difference between a shallow fail-up’s perception that all that matters is the “optics” vs. a thoroughly prepared wonk who’s been grinding away at actual policy for over a decade. He’s a high school boxer that thinks he can spar with George Foreman because he’s undefeated in his state division.

59 Likes

Just snorted my early afternoon whiskey out’a my nose. Damn that was awesome.

43 Likes

Hey, it’s 6:41 here, so you’re a little late, if anything! I think your whiskey nosing technique could use some work, though.

12 Likes

I swallowed, we don’t waste whiskey in this house.

32 Likes

My favorite thing about Jen Psaki is that she’s calling out the cowardly tactic of “many people are saying” by pointedly asking, “Which people are saying this?” and then letting the reporter hang himself by sheepishly admitting that either only Trump is saying this, or, indeed, no one is saying this.

This is the second time she’s done this. Last week, a reporter began a question by saying “a lot of Americans are saying that, you know, the [migrant] surges are happening under President Biden’s watch after he reversed some previous policy.” Psaki asked, “Who are the Americans?” and the reporter admitted it was Trump.

46 Likes

Roger that!

27 Likes

She is blessed with an abundance of patience. Kind of refreshing.

17 Likes

At the end he’s running out of Fox News talking points: “Is the umm teachers unions… Benghazi… crooked Hillary… Obama’s fault…erm…uhh… hey, can you hand me back my ass, please?”

29 Likes