Butter emails - the double standard that women in politics must be held to

I was really bummed when she whiffed so badly (and really, so flippantly) on the at home test kits. It’s evident that she’s a very smart, quick person but that was quite the gaffe and (hopefully not) a little window into her mind…

2 Likes

There were actually a whole bunch of posts here about the home test kits, I think removed for being off-topic. But then I guess people think that is the topic, because they really want the name Psaki to be synonymous with that?

Which makes me think that as a Democrat and woman she needs to be the bad guy, but unfortunately there’s only one thing wrong to choose from. Kind of like how Obama once said the wrong number of states, and that answered every dumb thing Bush and Trump said every day. :unamused:

19 Likes

hillary clinton potus GIF by Adventures Once Had

15 Likes

Chenille, I can’t speak for everyone who commented, but I absolutely don’t want her name synonymous with that, and I definitely don’t think she needs to be the bad guy. Quite the contrary - I think she’s doing an amazing job! But she is OUR person and I think it’s totally reasonable to not ignore her gaffes.

I think another part of it was that she’s been doing such a great job that the at-home test thing was more of a shock than if she’d been making tone deaf statements the whole time.

3 Likes

Or trying to pass off reams of trash copy paper as policy instituted…

18 Likes

Snoopy to Jen Psaki, Jen do you read me?

2 Likes

And, really, I’m pretty sure he just said the wrong word. He said “states” when he probably meant “grantees.” Almost every federal program distributes money to state/grantee offices, and from there to local service providers. There are between 56 and 58 grantees in a given year: the 50 state offices, 5 territories, and 1 to 3 tribal agencies. I found it extremely annoying that reporters didn’t (as far as I saw) address that at all. :woman_shrugging:t2:
As for Psaki, well, it’s not like she gets to dictate policy. I think she does a good job with what she has to work with. Great, really.

16 Likes

I get that it must be thrilling to go from a completely deranged far right government to a boring cenre-right government with a spokesperson who can string two words together, but this is getting… kiind of creepy.

2 Likes

It must suck to be forced to read threads you dislike.

18 Likes

If only there were some way to… ignore it… or mute it… sadly, one is forced at gun point to read every single post…

1984 GIF

14 Likes

Apparently expressing anything but glowing praise of Jen Psaki and boingboings coverage of her is off topic on posts about Jen Psaki.

So yes, it’s funny.

3 Likes

They quite literally delete any post that doesn’t conform to this. It is quite creepy.

And there are these weird trolls who obsess over it. It’s very much like the Q cult or any of the other odd Trump fanatics.

2 Likes

You have the Will to resist. Maybe.

13 Likes

It must suck to post that you dislike having to read comments you disagree with while complaining that people post comments you disagree with.

16 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know how he does it…

13 Likes

When it comes to criticizing other people for liking what they like, the choice really isn’t that difficult…

decisions don't be a dick GIF

15 Likes

In this economy some people can only afford one button.

14 Likes

No, I love it

1 Like

We know.

11 Likes

But I didn’t post that. This is like trying to talk to the Q cult, just circular weirdness.

1 Like