Jen Psaki turns the table on Fox's Peter Doocy by asking him a few 'gotcha' questions of her own

Originally published at: Jen Psaki turns the table on Fox's Peter Doocy by asking him a few 'gotcha' questions of her own | Boing Boing

23 Likes

35 Likes

The diminutive call out for his cute little socks should be a yellow card, but I’ll allow it this time.

27 Likes

“… for the third. time.”

Jen Psaki is better at this job than everyone in the last 20 years put together.

96 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t sure about that one. Maybe he actually does have cool socks on and this was sincere.

25 Likes

Translation:

You and your “news” organization should be thankful that we’re wasting our time with your male bovine excrement. Produce real questions and don’t turn the answers into attack ads for your stations and who knows…maybe you’ll start getting real answers in accordance with what we supply NPR, WaPo, NYTimes.

These press briefings are supposed to be the official channel of information dissemination; not some platform to promote a toddler’s twitter account.

60 Likes

Can we just ask her if her secret service codename is Flamingo? I mean seriously, I’m seeing CJ Craig here.

35 Likes

The real point of the exchange was just to get the soundbite of Dookie asking why Fox is never on “the list”. Inevitably, this exact segment will get posted by a wing-nut with the title 'Doocey TOTALLY DESTROYS Biden stooge!"

There is no winning against nihilistic posturing.

40 Likes

the socks thing was genius because it’s exactly how men trivialize professional women all the time. especially on outlets like fox news.

if they can’t take it, they need to stop dishing it out. in the meantime, it’s beautiful she’s in such a position of power she can ever so gently turn the tables

72 Likes

I came here to say exactly this. Well done!

12 Likes

LargeTemptingBubblefish-small

10 Likes

Maybe Doocy expects Biden to call into Fox and Friends for an hour each day like the former president??

37 Likes

I don’t know why this half-wit nepotism charity case tries these stunts with someone of Psaki’s calibre. Or maybe I just answered my own question.

43 Likes

Yep. The response on Fox News was simply, “Hogwash”. Prattling on and on about “the list”.

7 Likes

Who here thinks that it’s not a large leap of logic for the obvious response to be “Hey, I’m acknowledging you right now and what about all those other times I did too.”

The Fox news guy set himself up for failure but then again maybe he’s used to the conspiracy theorists that watch Fox that are more interested in a mysterious “List” than facts.

9 Likes

Okay I will debase myself a bit and say Jen Psaki is my media crush. I mean, a ginger with a subtle knife?

19 Likes

He’s got to be a plant, right? Unless…

Oh, right. Occam’s Razor and whatnot.

15 Likes

Oh gawd, that would have been genius for her to bring up.

“OK, would you like for president Biden to call into Fox & Friends each morning to gripe about his coverage and have you guys toss him some softballs?”

I doubt she’d stoop that low.

19 Likes

She needs to remind him that the previous president revoked the press passes of journalists he didn’t like.

20 Likes

Yeah, turn that table: “And you look great, whose dress are you wearing, Doochy?”

9 Likes