Jen Psaki destroys a reporter's stupid questions with the best snappy one-liners so far

Originally published at: Jen Psaki destroys a reporter's stupid questions with the best snappy one-liners so far | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Another answer to Why not give Putin our strategic battle plans? is because we’re not Republicans.

49 Likes

If I write her a letter asking her to please not leave you think she’d stay?

12 Likes

Though to be fair, I’d want a month-long vacation after every time I had to pretend like their questions were legitimate inquiries.

20 Likes

Bonus round:

35 Likes

Probably not, but you’d get a zinger of a reply anyway.

5 Likes

29 Likes

28 Likes

That second question is just so stupid. The reporter clearly had not thought about it even for a second.

4 Likes

Oh, he’s thought about it. But the goal wasn’t to get an answer for a factual question, it was to get a sound bite that can be played as “he’s weak on Russia”

8 Likes

Probably, yeah. But you need to be pretty damn daft to think such a dimwitted question will get a professional PR person like Psaki.

4 Likes

Can we please PLEASE have this woman be President next!?? Her awesomeness knows no bounds.

5 Likes

So many of these questions are just plain stupid. Or trying to make political points. When did reporters become so dumb? When did reporters stop being journalists? When did half of them become politicians (or the agents of politicians)?

(Rhetorical questions, asked in despair. We all have our answers.)

6 Likes

In the USA you’ve given someone a taste of power… you gonna be looking at that face a long long time. Hey you elected a terrible snack, why not elect a comedian? Then after you can vote for scooby doo.

1 Like

I was talking about the current press secretary who said she would be stepping down next year. I wouldn’t mind if she stuck around for a long time.

1 Like

only if she continues to field the press questions.

2 Likes

We will all miss her.

2 Likes

I am talking about the current press secretary who hasn’t said yet which state she’s running for senator in in the midterms. Lay down your bets, this one is 3 to 1 odds.

1 Like

She needs to run for office.

1 Like