Jen Psaki cuts through the BS of a Newsmax "people say" question by pinning reporter down for a source

Infowars

Resting “Go Ahead, I Dare You” Face

4 Likes

I actually like it when I need some crunch, at it keeps longer than the loose leaf I use for salads. And, in one serving you get:

• Vitamin A: 9 percent of your recommended DV. Vitamin A is beneficial to many different organs, including your eyes, heart, lungs, kidneys and reproductive organs.

• Vitamin B9 (also known as folate): 6 percent of your DV. Folate is essential for your body’s cells, as it helps them make DNA and genetic material.

• Vitamin K: 27 percent of your DV. Vitamin K is particularly important for your blood, heart and bones.

• Manganese: 6 percent of your DV. Manganese is important for your nervous system, immune system and various organ functions.

And you can use it to play fun tricks on your dinner guests:

:wink:
(Did it work? Did I convince you?)

14 Likes

That’s kind of what I mean. It’s structural for me rather than used for taste.

Nice try but I’ll get my crunch elsewhere. Actually I’m off to get some river water for our tadpoles shortly and I’ll see if I can pick some soft dandelion leaves for lunch. They go really well with barbecued halloumi and some orange.

6 Likes

Ah, I see.
And, I still find it doubtful that T would eat that. I have a hard time picturing him even using a knife and fork, I always imagined he just ate with his hands, based on all the fast food stories.
Your lunch sounds amazing! Post a pic over on the food thread!

6 Likes

She’s magic and I like her in the same reptilian way I hated Sarah Huckabee and Kelly-Anne because she’s on my side. Deep down I know she’s no different from them, and in truth they are all experts at dodging a question by quickly reframing and questioning minor assertions; it is just nice to have one on my side finally. This particular question was BS–what does it even mean to be a ‘third obama term’ but the dodge is masterful, because what they were really trying to do is push the narrative that Biden is old and senile and not really in charge (like…maybe obama is really pulling the strings?), but they never got there because Psaki made it about “[citation needed]”.

5 Likes

She is, though, bc she never would’ve worked for the last guy. The fact that those other press secretaries voluntarily put themselves in that position, that speaks to their characters.
Politicians gonna politic, but they get to decide which side they want to be on. And any “both sides” argument with our current “sides” does not hold up well to any level of scrutiny.

11 Likes

Formerly at OANN.

4 Likes

It seems like the emphasis is wrong when pronounced. Instead of “news max”, it ought to be “new smax”. Can we make that official from now on?

8 Likes

Please point out where she’s outright lied. Every single press secretary (and there were so many) from 45’s regime just plain lied, straight to our faces, every time they spoke to the public. Not re-directs, lies.

It’s not bothsides; I’m not saying Psaki is some kind of saint but 45’s minions are fucking evil.

32 Likes

It would be satisfying to kick them out, but that would be trump’s modus operandi. Better to let them put their foot in their mouth, and hold it there for them for all to see.

4 Likes

I’m not even sure that the Trump press secretaries were all that bad. But when your job is to make the random outbursts of a man with the intellectual strength of a 6th grader and the emotional age of a 4 year old look like rationally planned policies you are going to fail. Success was never an option for those guys. The only question was how long it would take Trump to fire him for not making him look like the decisive genius that he thinks he is.

2 Likes

They were all that bad. The lies started front and center, literally from day one, as Sean Spicer lied from the podium to support Trump’s narcissistic lies about the size of his inauguration crowd. It only got worse from there.

15 Likes

And he was flat out told to do that. He hadn’t even finished unpacking his office before they told him to lie directly and obviously to the press. He had to borrow a suit jacket to go out there. Really if he refused he could have just packed his stuff back up and left. That’s my point, press secretary to Trump is an IMPOSSIBLE job. Like winning a nuclear war the only way to succeed is to not start. We CAN fault them for taking the job in the first place. Just as we can fault everybody that took a job in the Trump administration, but NOBODY could have done a GOOD job as Trump’s press secretary.

5 Likes

He took the job. He didn’t resign immediately. He was bad. Bad as a person. If he was “not bad” as a press secretary it doesn’t really matter.

16 Likes

A better man would definitely have resigned.

9 Likes

Yeah, of all T’s press secretaries, Spicer is the only one I give even the slightest bit of leeway to. It was insane seeing what he was made to do, from day one. Of course, he should’ve known, but really, from where I sat it was like entering an alternate universe (in terms of norms and such).
Everyone who came after knew exactly what they were getting into, and they did it anyway. I don’t think it’s fair to compare them to any other USian PS in living memory.

9 Likes

William Hootkins, right?

1 Like

You should see him do his gig on Newsmax now. If, that is, you’re somehow in need of an emetic.

9 Likes

Because if they don’t give them a seat or take their nonsensical questions - that’s their news story, that they’re being “cancelled” by the white house. You don’t feed the trolls.

3 Likes