Is this airplane real?

Originally published at: Is this airplane real? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Seems apropos…

10 Likes

Oh, I thought it was an artisanal manipulated photo.

14 Likes

For those not interested in clicking through all the links, the original pic is here: Airbus A321-271NX - IndiGo | Aviation Photo #5285531 | Airliners.net

5 Likes

Am I missing something obvious? Why wouldn’t it be real?

2 Likes

So why go to so much trouble? Is it so simple as advertising better equippage that the company actually has?

2 Likes

Aircraft nerds spotted discrepancies in the configuration for that specific model.

7 Likes

I didn’t get it either, especially since they have actual cargo planes:

5 Likes

I’d guess, as Rob alluded, that it was a mock-up done to try out a new paint scheme for their cargo planes. Maybe it was in a press packet and for some reason the internet is in a tizzy about it.

10 Likes

Oh, ok thanks. That wasn’t obvious to me from the article :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Pictured: shops.

5 Likes

There’s no photo shops there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

There’s a photo outside a shop. I guess that does not count?

1 Like

… that’s from flight simulator, and is one of the two A321F indigo has:

Indigo’s fleet is mostly composed of A320 neo, which doesn’t have a cargo configuration (yet), but seems the company is investing heavily on cargo transport using these planes (see photo below). That mockup was probably to announce a specific livery for those cargos?

4 Likes

It’s nice that each pallet gets an overhead bin for its personal items. :joy:

10 Likes

Crepes AND Waffles !!! It’s gotta be fake.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Heh heh.
Here’s the blue one, conveniently appearing as #3047 before the gold one at #3048.

1 Like

I think because they’d have to pay for the cargo truck logo, get somebody to apply the decal, and then get a photographer.

2 Likes