Leaked US military photo of a UFO

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/09/leaked-us-military-photo-of-a-ufo.html

2 Likes

Well that looks exactly like a balloon

29 Likes

Disclaimer: I truly want aliens to arrive in as public and loud a fashion as possible very badly. I think it would be the most interesting time in humanity imaginable.

This being said, I’m in camp weather balloon on this one. A dang shame, too.

7 Likes

BlainFloat

6 Likes

Bird poop on the window?

4 Likes

38 Likes

A deflating this thing.

7 Likes

cube…?

described as an “unidentified silver ‘cube-shaped’ object”

with an upper lateral invagination? Anyway, desperately needs a banana for scale.

11 Likes

I think this has been documented before…

14 Likes

Every photo or video of a UFO, BigFoot, or Loch Ness monster is always some pixellated blurry mess. When you lose that much visual information the result is so abstract, we all interpret it like it’s a Picasso.

People have 4k60fps cameras in their phones. Show me the HD bigfoots and UFOs and I might become a believer.

16 Likes

17 Likes

I do hope someday Earth will be welcomed as a junior member to some ET Club out there. Get a bunch medical benefits and have some strong parental modelling of how to be good-beings. (I really could use some new eyes that work better and my wife could use quality hip or two and current human medical care doesn’t have long-term solutions for these.)

However based on current events, I foresee the following responses to a best case scenario first contact:

• ET Deniers - Its not real until they are personally probed
  • ET Abstainers - I don’t want my cancer fixed, Its [Gods will | unAmerican | what THEY want | communism!]
  • ET Speciests - Racism wasn’t enough
  • ET Warmongers - Let’s start a fight, TV and Movies taught us humans are special and we can win (HAHAHA)
  • ET Polticos - We won’t join unless we can be the leaders!
12 Likes

Yeah, I needed a visual for that one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks like a mylar balloon of some novelty shape.

11 Likes

Yees, killjoy I may be, but first thing I thought was “ragged weather balloon”. Also, NOT a cube, you’d suppose them Top Guns would be able to know one when they see it: eight corners, six faces, mmmm?
And I agree with other commenters pointing out that blurry pics are so very sixties. HD stuff please, you got the means, use them! The military are supposed to have the best hardware after all. They spend enough on it.

CosmoCube

4 Likes

Looks to me like they need a ding in their windshield replaced. Maybe they should call Safelite?

2 Likes

It doesn’t even have to be a novelty shape - partially deflated balloons can take on weird shapes even if they started out round, for example.

4 Likes

True, but it looks rather symmetrical, I thought It could be a shape of some sort.

Oh - like this. Maybe It’s Batman! This is a 28" balloon.

ETA original to compare… I really think I am onto something!

51 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes