Is this color blue?

That’s a green-blue, not a blue-green.

1 Like
7 Likes

Color me…unimpressed. I share your reservation about this test. Forcing edge cases into a binary is also one of the many things wrong with the Meyers-Briggs test.

1 Like

I got the same result you did. Same percentage, same graph, same comment. The “turquoise” example does indeed look “green” to me, but if I picked a color that I would label “turquoise” it would be a markedly bluer hue. Interesting.

what i found funny about this test is when both mum and i used the same screen to take the survey of hues.
i must preface revealing our results with a short aside. we have long disagreed about blue/green differentiation. turns out we both had cataracts and hers were way worse. our opthamologist (is also a friend) called me into the exam to show me mum’s cataracts - sooo yellow! no wonder we saw things so differently! now, years after both of us had lens replacements, we scored within one point of each other - mine at 172, hers 171.
same screen, same calibrations.
that was cool!

9 Likes

Azure a garb Or on a chief Bleu-Céleste a buffalo statant Or;

apparently, there are languages which don’t have a single word for blue.

Light blue - Wikipedia

but then, when does pink become red?

Totally agree on the Meyers-Briggs as with all other “there are exactly X number distinct personality types and my test can reveal them”. Don’t get me started on Love Languages.

I have certainly noticed that my conception of the border between yellow and orange seems somewhat idiosyncratic. School busses in the US always seemed almost or even just barely orange to me.

1 Like

Tricky. Sometimes it turns blue, even.

2 Likes

I need this website for green-versus-brown. My wife and I generally agree on blue vs. green, but the line between where something is “green” and where it turns “brown” is much, much more controversial!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.