Is this the worst dark ride in America?

When it comes to folk not bothering about the quality of their dark rides…

It ain’t what you do, it’s the time that you do it
And that’s what gets results

You can try hard (aah-ahh-ah)
Don’t mean a thing (aah-ahh-ah)
Take it easy (aah-ahh-ah)
Then your jive will swing (aah-ahh-ah)

1 Like

Oh yeah, it was plenty scary! Ah-hoo, that ride was scary! Certainly more scary even than Count Floyd’s Monster Chiller Horror Theater:

1 Like

Love that track!

And courtesy of the wiki rabbit hole, I now know that David Byrne produced and played on that album - thanks @FGD135 !

2 Likes

I have a spot spot in my heart for terrible carnie rides, so I would probably slap down the money.

The problem is you can’t meaningfully warn people, because a lot of rides have someone coming off who makes the same accusation when the ride is perfectly fine. Don’t waste your time, there’s nothing in there is something someone might say with this ride, but also for a ride that didn’t live up to their idealized fantasy.

I understand, but I would have thought the sheer numbers of people coming off saying ’ it’s entirely empty, there’s nothing in there’ might have had an effect. I guess people might be confused about whether what they’d seen was supposed to be the real deal and/or embarrassed they’d been duped.

Human nature: completely unnatural. :wink:

Because a “dark ride” covers more than just rides that involve ghosts and other horror elements. It encompasses any sort of ride where the viewer is in a vehicle that travels in an enclosed space, generally to look at scenery and/or actors/automatons do things.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.