Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Two groups of people hurt each other for decades, but only one is ever reported as bad, whereas the other only takes regrettable, necessary actions.

There’s no excuse for anyone killing somebody else’s children. Ever.

13 Likes

Live shot over Gaza:

Warning: It’s war.

4 Likes

Hundreds of Israeli anti-Arab org members search for terrorists at hospital, harass and spit at medical teams

Hundreds of far-right, anti-Arab La Familia members arrived at the Sheba Medical Center on Wednesday evening after rumors spread that terrorists were hospitalized there. They were seen wandering through the facility, harassing and spitting at medical staff. The hospital had already informed the police in the afternoon about the organization’s intention to come to the place. There are no terrorists hospitalized at the hospital. via Haaretz

La Familia and Ben-Gvir’s National Guard: the violent underbelly of Israel’s far Right

https://plus61j.net.au/featured/la-familia-and-ben-gvirs-national-guard-the-violent-underbelly-of-israels-far-right/

5 Likes

Probably a good time to revisit Waltz with Bashir…

http://waltzwithbashir.com/

5 Likes

I’m very happy with calling Hamas terrorists. But then I grew up calling the IRA terrorists, like the BBC. However unlike the BBC I called loyalist terrorists that rather than “paramilitaries”, and also the British Army, fucking terrorists.

Hamas are terrorists undoubtedly, but the IDF are too, let alone the terrorist settlers who terrorise Palestinians every day.

16 Likes

Saoirse Ronan Bingo GIF by A24

9 Likes
4 Likes

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

5 Likes

“We know that Egypt had warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen. We know this event was planned perhaps as long as a year ago,” added the House Foreign Affair chair.

Sus.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Funny. An intelligence f’ckup doesn’t trigger any suspicion in me at all. I’m far more suspicious about intelligence “successes” than failures.

Perhaps I have an overly dim view of intelligence services and the Israeli government though. The aura of omniscience and invincibility they like to project is frankly, bullshit.

9 Likes
6 Likes

It’s suspect because the chair of that committee is a Republican, the party that’s been tying itself into knots trying to blame Hamas’ attack on the Biden administration.

8 Likes

This is exactly the kind of intel trump and or his cronies would have kept to themselves to sabotage Biden much like the Afganistan debacle.

6 Likes

Matthew Bingo GIF

5 Likes

Also suspect because Netanyahu was under a lot of pressure from the Israeli people for gutting their judicial system, biggest protests in Israel.
And now they’ve stopped. Now everyone has an outside enemy.
I can totally see Netanyahu and his administration deciding not to react to this threat after being warned because the Israeli people who’ve died are acceptable losses and the more dead Palestinians the happier he is

8 Likes
4 Likes

… I just now accidentally subjected myself to the “700 Club” take on Gaza :grimacing:

3 Likes

Well, might has well let us know what they said…

3 Likes

“… ethnic cleansing Arabs out of Palestine is no big deal because they don’t belong there anyway”

3 Likes