Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Syria, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/08/israel-us-weapons-pause-rafah-hostage-talks

4 Likes

6 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

But… but… hAmaZ uzeS hUm4n sH13ldZ!!! /s

4 Likes

At this point I think the only thing I have heard Hamas accused of doing that the IDF hasn’t is honoring truces. :angry:

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

On Friday, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) hosted an interview with Secretary of State Antony Blinken at this year’s McCain Institute Sedona Forum. Romney questioned Blinken as to why “PR” in favor of fomenting American support for Israel’s ongoing war in Gaza has been so bad.
“The way this has played out on social media has dominated the narrative,” Blinken said of the war. “You have a social media environment in which context, history, facts, get lost — and the emotion, the impact of images dominates.”
In a telling response, Romney noted that while “some wonder why there was such overwhelming support for us to shut down potentially TikTok,” if “you look at the posting on TikTok and the number of Palestinians relative to other social media sites, its overwhelmingly so on TikTok.”

Lawler, who co-sponsored a recent bill to ban TikTok, repeated Berkley’s claims about external organizers and said that was the type of thing that inspired Congress’s efforts to ban the app. “I don’t think there’s any question that there has been a coordinated effort off these college campuses, and that you have outside paid agitators and activists,” Lawler said. “It also highlights exactly why we included the TikTok bill in the foreign supplemental aid package because you’re seeing how these kids are being manipulated by certain groups or entities or countries to foment hate on their behalf and really create a hostile environment here in the U.S.”

7 Likes

I hate the term unlawful killings, it imply there are some lawful killings. I mean seriously, even if there is some convoluted situation where someone ends up killed because some believe it’s the best course of action. It’s still wrong, the problem could have certainly been solved by some other means if it was dealt with earlier, proactively through dialogue.

Tell that to Zelensky

Edit for clarity: You can’t deal with fascists like Putin and Netanyahu through dialog.

2 Likes
4 Likes