‘It’s Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, please’

If Nostradumbass had to refer to LtCol Vindman, he’d probably come up with something like “Vindictive Vindman” or some other offensive nickname. He doesn’t know how to speak to anyone.

5 Likes

One rule for us and do what they say not what they do, etc.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, this demands a dance remix:

4 Likes

# DevinNunesIsAnIdiot

5 Likes

Vindictive? That word isn’t on the 3rd grade vocabulary list.

9 Likes

Evangelicals are a lost cause - they’ve already concocted an eschatological delusion that he’s King Cyrus - but one of my hopes is that the Cheeto-in-Chief is successfully alienating his supporters in the armed services.

Don’t give up on the evangelicals completely… The pace is glacial and their numbers are large, but each day, a few more realize how far they have gone and decide enough is enough:
https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/im-an-evangelist-and-a-trump-voter-but-blasphemy-is-a-step-too-far/

Keep up the pressure and keep up pointing out the hypocrisy. There are still a few to turn and it only takes a few to vote the other way.

4 Likes

I hope you’re correct and I’m wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.

10 Likes

Evangelicals will bail on trump ONLY when there are no more more conservative judges to place throughout the country.

7 Likes

“It’s Lieutenant Colonel…but my friends call me The Vind Man”

2 Likes

ROGER THAT!!! sentence.

I’d trust Lt.Col. Vindman and Ms. Yovanovitch to know better than try doing a brain surgery, and instead get a qualified brain surgeon to do it. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m with you on the others, but you should absolutely call cops by Mr., Mrs., or Dr. as applies. Their desire to have everyone else adhere to pseudo military titles goes hand in hand with their general militarization and hostility to the populace.

5 Likes

The best explanation I got why either the UK voted for Brexit and/or Trump got elected came from a Kurdish Taxidriver in Berlin: Because too many spend all their time debating on ‘outrageous’ things (His example was the third bathroom; like it or hate it, it’s a fact …)

As much as Nunes was wrong (Yes, I served myself), what do you think this debate will accomplish?

DN_Is%20a%20Cow

15 Likes

We are how many replies deep and nobody has

Inconceivable!

4 Likes

Well this is the thing. If I said, “Excuse me, Mr. Vindman,” and Vindman turned around and said, “That’s Lieutenant Colonel Vindman,” I’d think, “What a pompous ass!”

But it’s a damn congressional hearing. You say doctor, professor, mister/madame secretary, president, vice president, and use military ranks.

There’s no debate, Nunes got burned and we’re admiring it.

18 Likes

Because the next time a card carrying member of the GOP like Nunes stands up declaring how they support and love the military and how liberals and scum like Colin Kaepernick hate the military…we can point to this and say “NOT SO FUCKING FAST.”

Because Mr Nunes just learned the very first Lesson for anyone in the military: Respect is earned by giving it.

8 Likes

Nunes (and other career suck-ups) should remember that as long as they do what’s right and address soldiers by their rank, I’ll be happy to address Trump by his: Captain Bone Spurs

9 Likes

They are craven scum, and should be treated as such.

4 Likes

“Ms Jackson if you’re nasty.”

Wait, what were we talking about?

7 Likes