It seems Justice Thomas’ Nazi collecting “dear friend” had business before the Supreme Court; guess how Clarence ruled?

Originally published at: It seems Justice Thomas' Nazi collecting "dear friend" had business before the Supreme Court; guess how Clarence ruled? | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Should have listened to Anita Hill.

48 Likes

If the Senate allows Roberts to simply sit on this without serious censure of Thomas it might not be the final nail in the coffin of the Court’s legitimacy but it will definitely be a permanent injury. Its hard to overstate how serious a breach this is for judges, and a judge in any other part of the judiciary would be looking at disciplinary action and//or removal for something like this.

You’d think the last seven years would have taught the Democrats the futility and danger of waiting for someone else in government to do the work of maintaining the rule of law, but Durbin’s “invitation” to Roberts sure seems to indicate otherwise. I’d love to be wrong.

29 Likes

Isn’t it amazing how Crow became a ‘dear friend’ of a Supreme Court Justice after he took his seat at the court. And then, like magic, a deep and abiding friendship developed in which Crow gave him millions of dollars worth of perks and gifts.

See, all you have to do for it not to be corruption is become friends with the people you want to bribe.

If they grew up together that might mitigate the awfulness, but they actually never met until after Thomas joined the Supreme Court. If Thomas had become a grocery store worker instead I strongly suggest that Crow wouldn’t have given a thing to him, nor ever learned his name.

31 Likes

Influencing the Supreme Court relies on subtlety (and lots of money).

If you’ve never read it, I recommend The Tenth Justice, by Brad Meltzer.

6 Likes

We ALL have business with the Supreme Court.

17 Likes

Thomas is the tenth associate justice. (They didn’t renumber after adding/subtracting seats in the past.)

2 Likes

Is anyone really shocked, though? It was pretty clear he was corrupt as hell, failed to disclose things he needed to disclose, took gifts that weren’t legal, didn’t recuse himself despite massive conflicts of interest… and that was just what he did publicly.

19 Likes

Guess how Clarence ruled?

Must be a trick question! Supreme Court justices are trusted to uphold the most ethical behaviour; ergo he surely would have recused himself.

…Right??

8 Likes

Mister Thomas, have you ever picked up Mister Crow from the airport? Have you ever helped him move into a new apartment?

8 Likes

This is my shocked face. :yawning_face:

Shocked Jennifer Aniston GIF by Apple TV+

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Surely the coffin is made mainly from final nails by now?

4 Likes

It’s like a closet

sideways

under the ground

… full of skeletons :skull: :skull: :skull:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.