Javascript dress

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/20/javascript-dress.html

2 Likes

There is Javascript that isn’t malware? I learn something new every day.

(Apologies to the Angular guys in particular - I just couldn’t resist the snark.)

9 Likes

Why did you conclude the dress Javascript wasn’t malware?

2 Likes

I’m just ridiculous enough about JavaScript to wear this. Unfortunately I’m too big. Or the dresses don’t come in big enough sizes. Take your pick.

9 Likes

The second panel seems highly relevant…

20 Likes

It’s a basilisk.

5 Likes

Why don’t they just sell the fabric, then we can make our own clothing that actually fits.

9 Likes

#[STERN LOOKS] towards @Enkita and @anon24181555

6 Likes

Sadly, it looks like run-of-the-mill mouse button handling code.

I could donate some malware I recently de-obfuscated to the screen printing company, if that would help. I keep getting it in my spam box. It’s really juicy - encryption ransomware with ominous warnings about how screwed you are unless you send them some bitcoins. The number of bitcoins they require is stored as a variable.

14 Likes

That little coda is a masterpiece of comedic timing!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

This actually reminds me of a crossword puzzle shirt I had in college. I had a black-and-white flannel that looked like a crossword grid, so I actually made a giant crossword puzzle out of it.

7 Likes
6 Likes

really? I just noticed there seemed to be a lot of repeated code and a lot of string concatenation.

2 Likes

I lived through the IE 7,8,9 and 10 era and I still have the mental scars to prove it. Cut me a little slack, I can remember when web pages were measured in kilobytes.

5 Likes

They would but {Application is not responding. Stop, Debug, Ignore?}

3 Likes

Show me on the dummy’s dress where the bad code encrypted your hard drive.

9 Likes

My birth-announcement was a punch-card:

21 Likes

I approve of this dress. But Perl would have been better, as it comes pre-obfuscated already. Especially if you put a lot of regexes in there.

9 Likes

Just 3-4 years ago I had to expend great effort to get a client to drop “IE 6 Support” as one of their requirements.

They finally had a gentle talk with one senior VP and our billable-hours dropped dramatically.

8 Likes

I thought it was cute, but Ms. Redux was unimpressed: “I wear Erlang or I wear nothing at all.”

14 Likes