Javascript dress

Do they sell it with a framepack stuffed with yards of jQuery?

6 Likes

Regexes are ugly. Clever but ugly. And besides, they’re write-only.

Pictures or it didn’t happen. (I like Erlang, it’s my kind of language. Only a few other people in the world know if your code is any good or not, and none of them are likely to work in the same office.)

8 Likes

I need a bolt of that fabric in my life.

3 Likes

I experience this every day. Sometimes it comes with the stark realization that it was something I previously wrote.

6 Likes

That is seriously awesome.

1 Like

Don’t call my baby ugly.

(But if you use look behinds I will cut you)

8 Likes

She’s actually singing, “I ain’t no Hollerith Girl!”

4 Likes

Here ya go

14 Likes

I kinda want to see a Lisp dress, and how many parentheses could fit on it.

10 Likes

As my partner just called out, “I pick option B!” Yeah, I’ll give them lots of points for having a dress with JavaScript as a design (Yay for people presenting as a women in STEM!), but then I have to take away the same value for having an insufficiently sized fit array and too small of an upper bound.

(As a point of reference, for those that don’t know these things, 12-14 is the average American dress size.)

7 Likes

The largest page in my little departmental intranet at work is 23k…
I’m supposed to move stuff to Sharepoint, but a little mod that currently takes me ~5 seconds to do now, takes me many minutes or longer to do on Sharepoint

5 Likes

That sounds like a first draft of a very effective pick up line. And, of course I mean effective in the sense of an effective regex script - in that it efficiently will narrow things down to exactly what you’re looking for…

4 Likes

Such beautiful nerdbait!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I was kind of expecting this dress to be procedurally generated. Disappointed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be caught dead in a dress that’s not properly indented.

And assign #updateDiv to a local variable for Gods’ sake. Come on Janet this is why no-one likes maintaining your clothes.

17 Likes

I think the Erlang dress would look better without the actual word along the bottom, thus reinforcing the mystique. But I note that, as with the Javascript dress, the model could be dressed in a paper bag and it would still look good, which is the biggest single reality distortion for most women when buying clothes.

3 Likes

()…()
…(())(())…
…)…(…
…(…)…
…/…\

10 Likes

You could get some printed from your own javascript screenshot… a friend of a friend has done loads of custom fabrics with spoonflower, it’s apparently not that expensive.

8 Likes

I think in most jurisdictions wearing that thing in public would run afoul of obscenity laws.

3 Likes