Jeb Bush: Leave NSA Alone

great, him first.

6 Likes

Give them what they need?! What the hell else do the need? They have massive budgets and access to unlimited communications? Spice? Is it Spice that they need?

10 Likes

Complete legal freedom and Spice. The ability to fold time and space.

2 Likes

The tools they need . . . to practice their love with women and men all across the country.

2 Likes

I briefly searched but didn’t found a Russian/Cyrillic counterpart for lorem ipsum, don’t they use filler texts?

–
eta: legit? http://ru.lipsum.com/

2 Likes

Jeb, you may be a tool, but you aren’t the tool that this country needs.

8 Likes

I think they’ve managed fine so far. Giving them the tools they need is just going to encourage typical government laziness & inefficiency.

1 Like

When I scribbled up this little image caption with a Latin to fake Cyrillic generator, I had no idea that so many people would be interested in picking my stupid little joke apart.

Usually when I bomb here I either get crickets, or an onslaught of beratement for being insensitive and crass.

But now everyone’s acting like I’m asking for help using the Cyrillic alphabet the proper way when it’s an English joke written in fake Cyrillic in a way meant to be legible to English speakers.

Yeesh, I was just trying to be clever.

14 Likes

I don’t blame you for anything, and there is a striking similarity between the cyber image and Soviet pop-art - I got curious and looked for some Russian filler text. Not sure why you were attacked by @jerwin in such a way, though for me at was a starting point for my curiosity.

And I learnt something today: The Russian Wikipedia article about Lore ipsum doesn’t mention any Cyrillic version (as far as I can trust Google Translate) but gave me the ru.ipsum link.

2 Likes

It is, it says “Prosper as glorious soldier of proletarian internet” if you try to read it in English. Or maybe this is a form of psychic paper (/font?)?

4 Likes

No, you got it right. “prosper as glorious soldiers of proletarian internet” just felt like it fit. Like something a recruiting poster for the Russian Troll Army might say if the Soviet Union were still around today.

3 Likes

Do you get enraged by the name of Tetris (generally written as TETЯIS in the 1980s versions in order to stress its exotic Soviet origin, even though that would be pronounced more like “Tetyais” as Я is not R)?

4 Likes

You probably think “derpa derpa” isn’t a proper transliteration of … well just about anything said in Pashtu or Talib, yes?

Unfortunately, the tendency of every political dynasty to run short of talent well before it runs short of ambition has been nearly constant from the earliest days of hereditary monarchy to the present day.

6 Likes

Did you have to make me imagine James Clapper, as a hideously mutated Guild Navigator, having his spice-tank-thing led into the Senate for a lying session?

Or raise the persistent and unnerving possibility that the CIA is investigating twisted Mentats as a more versatile replacement for today’s analysts?

This early in the morning?

5 Likes

I can’t not read Я as “ya.” That game cabinet has bugged the piss out of me for decades.

2 Likes

And “Yori” is just one letter off from “Yuri”… :smirk:

1 Like

Here’s the thing about the Bushes that many folks don’t quite get–the crazy shit they spout? About whatever the fuck? The Bushes mean it. Doesn’t matter if the statement is about supporting the NSA or invading a sovereign nation–they don’t have a “good idea” filter, they have an “idea” filter that is not burdened by logic or reason.

That said, I’m somewhat frightened that Bush has been so easily marginalized by The Donald. Trump’s rapid, unchecked ascension in the political ranks does not bode well for the country.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, OK. The Tron poster has quite a lot of Art Deco influence in its design. All full of straight lines and circles and stark geometric figures.

Art deco was at its height in the '30s, which was also the heyday of the USSR. So those old Soviet propaganda posters are similarly influenced.

And if you look at the buildings at the Texas State Fair, you will also see such a “Soviet” design influence. All heroic figures and stark lines.

1 Like

You need a hug…

12 Likes