Jeffrey Epstein crony Jean-Luc Brunel found dead in cell

Oh come on, where’s the profit for heartless capitalist vultures in a system like that!

4 Likes

His name appears in the flight logs for Epstein’s jet, aka the Lolita Express. Not evidence of wrongdoing per se. But knowing what we know of him as a total horndog, neither am I willing to accept that he’s innocent either. He deserves to be asked some hard questions, and if necessary, have his day in court.

Same goes for Trumpy Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/us/ghislaine-maxwell-pilot/index.html

4 Likes

Fine but until there’s a specific accusation of wrongdoing then the talk of locking up Clinton for things he may or may not have done with Epstein seems a bit premature.

13 Likes

Its a shame that conservatives could not have prosecuted the Clintons for something they had actually done rather than stuff they just made up.

5 Likes

I tend to think that there were a lot of famous people that would have flown on Epstein’s jet that we’re not his customers. Epstein was essentially a black market salesman. He would have routinely wined and dined the rich and powerful, in order to find some that were prospects for his business. And also to burnish his own reputation as someone who was an insider. It doesn’t mean everyone he lavished with attention knew his hidden business, although obviously some did.

6 Likes

Three times is enemy action

8 Likes

Though the difference starts to resemble examples of “good cops”; anyone who flew on his jet to his private pedophile island knew enough to report it and didn’t.

8 Likes

There seems to be an entire wing of conservative politics that can no longer tell the difference between things that actually happen and stuff they just make up.

11 Likes

Oh, they can tell the difference alright. They just hope someone “rids them of these troublesome priests” sooner than later. And then when the Clintons are literally dead because one or some of their people went over the line, they’ll simply disown those people as being “mentally ill”, and nobody will contradict that because it’s “improper.”

2 Likes

Ted is making sh*t up right now…

13 Likes

Not speaking of “allegations” but it’s still a marvel to me that since #metoo the media haven’t revisited how creepy and gross Clinton’s affair with his intern was when he was 49 and she was 22. Everyone has just moved on and pretend he’s a stand-up guy and a respectable former president. Sure it was consensual but the age and power imbalance makes it problematic to me even if he weren’t cheating on his wife.

1 Like

Nobody pretends that though? His career is over, it likely ended his wife’s career for the most part too, and Monica Lewinsky has made numerous statements about it multiple times through the decades, and especially as part of the #metoo movement.

There’s a reason you don’t see Bill Clinton anywhere but republican tabloids and “day of the rope” fanfic.

13 Likes

Third time’s a charm?

Unless you benefit from any one of his charities.

• Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) …
  • Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) and CGI U. …
  • Clinton Global Citizen Awards. …
  • Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI) …
  • Clinton Development Initiative (CDI) …
  • The Alliance for a Healthier Generation. …
  • Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative…

Good things never get press.

6 Likes

Word to the Prince: You can’t buy your way out of a multiple RAPE-charge.
Your fate awaits, Andy.

Many MORE people think it’s a “marvel” that Donald John Trump is not already in prison – or burning… somewhere else?

1 Like

A frequent companion of Epstein, Brunel was considered central to the French investigation

Not central enough to hire even a single person to continually keep an eye on him, though. I mean, to be fair, it’s not like there was any way they could have foreseen this, right? Totally unprecedented.

3 Likes

Does he have an estate? If so, I’m sure the estate has an interest in him being found innocent.

1 Like

My understanding is that people who commit sex crimes against children aren’t treated well by the general prison population, either.

No statistics to back that up, just my prosecutor dad talking about some of the scum he helped put in prison.

“teach the controversy” :thinking: