Jewish teacher in France stabbed in anti-Semitic hate crime by terrorism supporters

In my experience, it’s pretty much all the “old classic ‘Jews run the world’” antisemitism, which then uses the fig-leaf of “Anti-Zionism” as a cover from criticism.

But then again, I get near-daily death threats for being a Jew on the Internet.

What does that have to do with anything? Antisemitism doesn’t mean “against Semites” regardless of what the roots may imply, it means hatred of Jews and applies regardless of whether they are ethnically Semitic or not.

If you have a problem with that, feel free to take it up with the Germans.

2 Likes

(ahem) I was trying to find another way to say “we’re all brothers and sisters in this human race.”

And really, I’m not about to hold all Germans responsible for antisemitism, they didn’t even invent it; ultimately it’s just another form of “hating the outsider”, like the current wave of Islamophobia in the US.

3 Likes

Given that only 1% of the French population is Jewish and half of the hate crimes in the country are against them… yes. Terror comes in all shapes and sizes, and the Jewish community of France knows that it is being hunted and hounded.

Jewish schools in France require armed guards.

A Jewish restaurant in Paris is firebombed… only for the bomb to bounce off the bulletproof glass installed by the owner after the *previous *attack earlier last year.

Hell, it’s so bad that a Jewish kindergarten in Brussels was refused insurance coverage earlier this year because the risk of an attack was seen as “too high”!

And don’t forget the aftermath of the Charles Hebdo attacks, where a kosher supermarket was attacked.

So, yes, this is not an isolated incident in France.

4 Likes

I wasn’t referring to them creating antisemitism, but rather them coining the words “antisemitism” and “anti-Semetic.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.