JJ Abrams makes Paramount drop its lawsuit over fan Star Trek movie

How much of a Star Trek fan are you when it comes to the TV shows?

2 Likes

ā€¦I really think that a good fan movie is the only thing that could potentially diminish the brand. Lawyers are only protecting their clientā€™s privilege to be incompetent.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks passing a bar exam is a major education achievement can quickly disabuse themselves of such ideas upon meeting the plethora of actual boneheaded lawyers.

What a waste of both Cumberbach and ā€œMickeyā€ from Doctor Who!

I swear Spock probably used the ā€œyou canā€™t image the pain of losing your entire planet and peopleā€ line on Uhura constantly. Like whenever she complained about him not doing the dishes or forgot her birthday.

5 Likes

What L_Mariachi said. I find that one especially hilarious because it was a site all about fun things you can make out of products you can only buy at IKEA. Better shut that down quick, thatā€™d be terrible for business!

3 Likes

Well, I didnā€™t say that. But it does require a lot of memorization, which I know from helping a family member prepare by quizzing them with the questions and answers on the test exams. Iā€™m not saying passing the bar signifies intelligence, but it isnā€™t an easy thing to do.

3 Likes

True, if itā€™s bad, itā€™s likely to be obscure and lack impact; if itā€™s good, it diminishes corporate hold on the brand.

1 Like

I loved the original and Next Generation. I mean, itā€™s a TV show, though. I donā€™t live and breathe it.

2 Likes

One of the wonders of crowd sourced movies for me is that they donā€™t have to go through steering committees and focus groups on their way to the viewer. Iā€™ve watched a couple of the Mythica films that are just hardcore, D&D fantasy. In one scene, follow an almost TPK, the injured healer is given the only healing potion, to get her back on to her feet and then says, ā€œIā€™ll stabilise the rest of the them.ā€ Pure D&D/MMORG.

1 Like

AS long as they keep their hands off of The Improvised Star Trek, Iā€™m good.

2 Likes

Its not an easy thing to do. It just requires taking it seriously. Not freaking out and having patience appears to be the most important aspect of it. People I know who took it multiple times either slacked off on the studying, lost their cool during the test, or overthought answers, wasted time and didnā€™t answer as much as they could have.

My former employer had a couple of words of wisdom concerning it:

1. Its a marathon, not a sprint. Eventually it becomes rote after months of practice
  2. Keep a normal daily schedule. No cramming, no late night study sessions, no weekend work. just M-F 9-5 study, go home, repeat.
  3. Do not quit your bad habits during that time. Donā€™t diet, quit smoking, or any other relaxing vice.
  4. Prep classes are not the place to try to hook up with the cute fellow students!
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that link; that was a great giggle.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.