John Oliver rails on Supreme Court ethics violations for 30 minutes (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/22/john-oliver-rails-on-supreme-court-ethics-violations-for-30-minutes-video.html

7 Likes

Always with the criticism… This is the best Supreme Court money can buy!

16 Likes

Any day now…

13 Likes

It is impossible to trust this court and we are just hoping they don’t decide to throw all pretense to the wind.

Of that they don’t get the opportunity to do so by an executive and/or legislative branch sympathetic to Xtianism and fascism.

6 Likes

Phooey, this is still geoblocked. Are there wild new developments in geoblocking circumvention yet? It used to be so easy.

1 Like

John Oliver is my hero!

6 Likes

13 Likes

I have never had a problem accessing American YouTube content with NordVPN (referral link). I’ve used it in Canada and the UK. They’re reportedly not great on privacy compared to some European providers, but I mostly use them to unblock stuff. I used to be on Tesco Mobile which blocked all kinds of sites, including the archive.org Wayback Machine, and needed the VPN all the time.

3 Likes

I’ve eaten TACOS more Supreme than this court!

9 Likes

I think the biggest innovation in government in the last 200 years is term limits. The US presidency is a good example - two terms of four years each and you’re out!

Why, after pioneering it for presidents, did the US not follow through for the Supreme Court? In India, we’ve had some great judges, some weird judges, outright corrupt ones,… one thing we can be sure of is that they retire at a given age, and we always churn them. That has definitely limited the damage they can cause…

2 Likes

Opera browser has a free embedded VPN that allows you to select a country to access your favorite errrrr media

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.