John Oliver's amazing new Net Neutrality video crashed the FCC's website

This is the same agency which seems completely powerless to stop the unending tide of phone scammers.

is this the item…

there’s a longer one here…

1 Like

[portions deleted, I just read your later comment that it was now working]

Oliver’s gofccyourself.com redirect site makes NoScript scream about an XSS attempt, and the FCC site appears to rely on javascript as well to be at all usable. It does appear to be possible to [go straight to the correct page with a specific URL](https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proceedings?q=name:((17-108))) instead of using the redirect, though anyone having issues with the XSS error would need to copy the URL and paste it in rather than just clicking on that link.

Rank amateurs compared to Whitehall, where public consultations are regularly not even announced until after they’ve closed.

2 Likes

Trying to submit in multiple browsers (Chrome/Safari) and the submit button seems to be broken. It doesn’t even attempt to load…

But the real question is: who want’s you to think you can? Who benefits from you thinking you have political agency?

My guess is that it is, in fact, John Oliver who is the ultimate Puppet Master behind it all. The clues all line up!

1 Like

My God, he’s turned us all onto his own personal botnet… The FCC was right!

2 Likes

Meanwhile the alt-right are a botnet for the telcos. Breitbat is lying to them about what net neutrality means. Shocked I am!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.