Johnny Depp producing a musical about Michael Jackson's sequined glove

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/johnny-depp-producing-a-musica.html

3 Likes

It’s going to be called “Tainted Glove”!

26 Likes

vyv9DIZ

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, comrade!

Maybe, if this show proves to be a hit, they could get Donald Glover to take over the role when Ephraim Sykes wants to take a break.

You’ve really thrown down the gauntlet regarding puns on this thread. The gloves are off!

4 Likes

One of the songs will be, :musical_note: “And if you can’t be with the one you glove, honey, glove the one you’re with.” :musical_note:

4 Likes

Whatever floats your boat. Some people swear by Vaseline before you slip your hand inside their glove.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Wouldn’t that be the musical about O. J. Simpson?

4 Likes

This sounds like a Tom Robbins story.

A sequined glove, a bottle of sleeping pills and a pair of sneakers make their way across the country…

7 Likes

The title really ought to read “Noted domestic abuser producing a musical about famous serial child rapist’s sequined glove”.

5 Likes

sniff sniff Is that utter disaster I smell?

Geez, is there any legal avenue that would keep Depp away from musicals? The genre deserves better.

2 Likes

Shamon.

2 Likes

Lawsuit city, here they come…

4 Likes

Nitzberg proposed a solution: “I said, how’s this? Everything MJ has been accused of has actually been caused by his glove, which is actually an alien from outer space [and] feeds on virgin boy blood. They laughed and said, ‘Can you do the normal version?’”

Atrios

1 Like

Will this be followed up with a musical detailing the exploits of Bill Cosby from the POV of a Doctor Huxtable ugly sweater?

This LA production, and the one on broadway, seems like a tasteless move.

4 Likes

Johnny Depp is this timeline’s Todd Chavez.

It might be the glove you’re smelling.

2 Likes

Like that even matters.

If this ‘parody’ jeopardizes any revenue that can potentially be made by MJJ’s estate, they will litigate.

3 Likes

Or maybe:

Strangeglove~~
That’s how my love goes
Strangeglove~~
Will you give it to me?

(Will you take the pain
I will give to you?
Again and again~~)

2 Likes