Johns Hopkins Medicine launches major center for psychedelic drug research

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/06/johns-hopkins-medicine-launche.html

3 Likes

Hm… I wonder if they need volunteers and will pay those volunteers!

19 Likes

Maybe John Hopkins could ask the CIA for a look in their archives. They seem to know a great deal about non-recreational abuse of psychedelics.

4 Likes

Where can i sign up?

6 Likes

I’m having a therapeutic effect right now!

13 Likes

I think the BBS could fill our own wing at Johns Hopkins.

10 Likes

I’m with you all…I wanna help

2 Likes

Man, it’d be swell to volunteer, but if they need LSD volunteers, I just don’t have that kind of time on my hands until I retire…
See you in 12 years Johns Hopkins!

5 Likes

Psilocybin/MDMA is the only psych drug combination that has actually worked for me.

It’s about time these medicines are being brought into the mainstream!

5 Likes

I’m intrigued. Have you posted details of your psychoactive journey anywhere? I’d love to read it.

2 Likes

No doubt! How superb to finally see some progress in exploring the truth within science. Could there actually be hope for humanity?

2 Likes

We’re going to need some new PSAs.

Interior, suburban bedroom. A young woman of about 15 is seated at her desk, working on a computer. Rotating molecular models are visible on her monitor. A man enters the room, dressed as though he has just come from work. His Johns Hopkins ID badge is pinned to the breast pocket of his lab coat. He is holding a plastic baggie filled with psychedelic mushrooms.

Dad (Turns off monitor, holds out baggie for inspection. His voice shakes with emotion): I want to know where you got this! Who taught you to do this stuff!?

Daughter (Calmly, standing): I learned it from you, okay? I learned it by watching you!

Father and Daughter embrace.

Voiceover: Parents who do science, usually have kids who do science. Brought to you by The Partnership For An America That Isn’t 40 Years Behind the Rest of the World.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.