Join the largest online protest since SOPA to stop NSA spying

Interestingly, I’d go with that probability. It makes sense, from an intelligence point of view (insofar as my learnings from the esteemed Tom Clancy [he was a leaker too!] et al go)

Given Snowden’s position and access, two thoughts crossed my mind:
(1) He knew perfectly well who was helping whom, and made public his asylum applications as part of a meta-strategy of pushing nations out of the shadows and into the public spotlight - e.g. France seems to have had its hand forced
(2) He didn’t know, which would indicate that the links between information gathering exercises are thin, secure, and hard to access - and therefore more lone-wolfish, out of control, and potentially not even with the knowledge of the Prezidents of the various nations - any bizarre scenario of agencies gone mad here.

Yes, and it makes me laugh. If you really, honestly, truly live in fear that the government is keeping tabs on your iTunes purchases and may someday use it against your family, I truly feel sorry for you, and suggest a bottle of Pepto-Bismol for your queasy stomach and a snug tinfoil hat for the woo-woo.

1 Like

Would any data at all be useful, say here in the UK, to Theresa May, who has vowed to expel all illegal immigrants?

Maybe their delivery addresses?

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but sitting round a table with a bunch of crazies and a loaded gun in the middle. I mean.

Listening to a certain kind of music can put you on a list, actually.

We had this for some 40 years in the Eastern part of our country.

Of course, this can never happen in the United States, because you are somehow magically immune to government overreach.

I’m not ready to equate the constitution with magic just yet. Maybe it’s because I haven’t given up.

1 Like

That’s the funny things about constitutions: They need to be enforced. Again, and again, and again.

I suppose the handwringing, kvetching, and general statements of sarcastic hopelessness I was responding to are precursors to whatever action you plan to take, or are recommending?

What ARE you recommending?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.