Joss Whedon on claims that feminists chased him off Twitter: "Horseshit"

I’ve seen it way too much, especially in a lot of progressive circles. But yeah, you’ve hit it on the head.

I guess another way of looking at it is, here’s someone who is actually trying to do better and yet here are all these really less than praiseworthy things. How insidious and pervasive sexist and racist assumptions (and ways of operating) must be that they can trip up someone who is trying.

2 Likes

In other marsupial news, this made national news the other day.

1 Like

Came here for the BIZARRELY capitalised negations of MY OPINION for being a tool OF the patriarchal oppressor, was… Weirdly disappointed…?

Seriously, have we all just chilled the fuck out because it’s Joss Whedon? Or was it the early introduction of marsupials? Either way, I approve…

I suspect it’s pure self-preservation. Wombats react with hostility to aggressive tones.

Nah, the idea is more always criticize everyone forever and don’t get too sad about criticism because guess what, you are worthy of it, and so is everyone, and we all need to accept our imperfections and move the fuck on with life.

1 Like

One of the things that tends to trigger my “fuck this, I’m done” button- Someone jumping all over somebody for poorly stating something they probably would have agreed with if they’d understood the sentiment.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.