Jumpspeak uses AI to make you a better Spanish speaker on Day 1

Originally published at: Jumpspeak uses AI to make you a better Spanish speaker on Day 1 | Boing Boing

Quit watching the video 3 seconds in after he throws the book down and they actually cue up a screaching cat noise. That tells me everything I need to know about this company’s sophistication level and how cliche-ridden and outdated their alleged “AI” learning system probably is. I thought the car-alarm sound was passé, but the cat screech was probably old in 1940s radio, and no amount of “irony” can resurrect it.

Not judging a book by its cover. Judging language-learning by a (thrown) book’s sound effect.

1 Like

If it’s about learning Spanish, maybe don’t use a picture of the “Arco del Triunfo” in Barcelona, where the local language is, (and they’re really most insistent about this), Catalan, and very much not Castellano (Spanish)!

3 Likes

I’ve actually been trying to research software/apps for learning spanish. I can’t seem to find any good reviews of this online… or really a good source for language learning software reviews. Any one have any tips on finding something that’s a good fit for me? Or personal recommendations?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.