Justice goofs in document redaction, confirms open secret on Google surveillance case

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Justice Department accidentally tells truth!

(I typed that without irony. Sad.)

11 Likes

It was the act of a concerned citizen, who redacted everything except one, purposefully, hoping it would slip through. Now, obviously, they will be thrown into solitary confinement and will face trial next decade for espionage.

5 Likes

The sad thing is . . . that’s the most plausible outcome.

Do they even know what justice means? It’s available online!

Justice : jus·tice : noun

just behavior or treatment. “a concern for justice, peace, and genuine respect for people” synonyms: fairness, justness, fair play,
fair-mindedness, equity, evenhandedness, impartiality, objectivity,
neutrality, disinterestedness, honesty, righteousness, morals,
morality

Is it . . . opposite century or something?

2 Likes

Turns out Google isn’t just the cute multi-coloured logo that we’ve known and loved…

1 Like

This might delay FISA requests in the future. I suppose it’s enlightening to learn that our suspicions about Google receiving National Security Letters are well-founded, but now the US has an excuse not to release documents in a timely manner.

We’re quintuple-checking our redactions. It might take another couple of years.

I miss the days when copy and pasting constituted an end run around “redaction.”

1 Like
1 Like

If I ever buy a sailboat for racing I intend to name it [REDACTED], just to confuse things. No, I don’t think I’ll get tired of the joke.

Well, I’m glad Google is at least trying to fight this stuff in court, even kangaroo court.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to come up with the most interesting Google searches I can, just for fun.

“NSA director slathered in peanut butter and raisins”, for example, and that’s a SFW one.

2 Likes

If I open a bar. . . yeah, that’s an awesome name.

Or have another child.

They can’t even keep their own secrets, why should I trust them with mine?

2 Likes

Obligatory XKCD,

I’d name my kid Robert'); DROP TABLE Students;--? or something like that.

7 Likes

Cue for slow yakety sax.
:frowning:

A classic :slight_smile:

Maybe [REDACTED]’); DROP TABLE CLASSIFIED;–
?

1 Like

I always thought there should be an alternative strip ending with “And I hope you’ve learned to TAKE BACKUPS”

2 Likes

Or perhaps name bobby with a javascript snippet that searches on a RegEx for anything NSA related. My regex-fu is too rusty and weak to think of a valid string right now though.

The government feared that "Ministry of Justice would have led to copyright/trademark issues with the Orwell estate.

Erm-- Justice was renamed MiniLove. Justice is too complicated for newspeak.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.