Justin Bieber song slowed down 800% and pitch corrected

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/15/justin-bieber-song-slowed-down.html

2 Likes

So I do like a Justin Bieber song after all!

9 Likes

Now I want to go play No Man’s Sky

4 Likes

Pretty cool effect. On the other hand, I can’t help thinking that making a Justin Bieber song last over 35 minutes should somehow be a crime.

11 Likes

Get that man a booking on Hearts of Space now!

6 Likes

87.5 % …

1 Like

As pioneered by St. Paul at the End of the World.

Previously:

4 Likes

Cool. How about backwards, too?

1 Like

Damn. My friends and I just started a game of Mothership last night, this would have been so perfect as background for when the shit hit the fan and everything went weird.

1 Like

What is corrected about it? Isn’t that just his original pitch? :wink:

1 Like

Reminds me of how you can slow down Dolly Parton like this, and she’s STILL in perfect pitch:

7 Likes

Fun fact: if you play the album version of Bruce Springsteen’s I’m on fire at 45 rpm instead of 33.3 rpm it sounds exactly like Dolly Parton.

4 Likes

Came to ensure no discussion of speed and/or pitch change omits a mention of Dolly Parton. Left satisfied (after saying…)
Also came to note that I have a version of this re-pitched to original pitch and it is just as diverting as the merely slowed version.

5 Likes

Fixed it!

Didn’t I read somewhere this week that this was part of the Slow-mo effect in “Dredd”?
Weird old world.

2 Likes

It could be that I’m battling a headache, but “slowed down 800%” is furrowing my brow.

I assume this means an 8x halving of the tempo, which to me would be “slowed down 99.61%”

True. Another cool effect would involve speeding it up 800%. The result would be a merciful ~22 seconds of exposure… and it sound pretty funny to boot.

Interesting. Some might think JB’s success (with his music played at normal speed) achieves the same effect.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.