Slow Jams (Yakety Sax edition)

[Permalink]

All I can think of while listening to this is Benny Hill strolling around while a policeman, several women, a short little bald guy, and a gorilla all amble along behind him at a respectful distance, languidly waving their arms as though trying to get his attention.

7 Likes

Please note: following the described algorithm will cause your Slow Jam to lose its ā€œtemper,ā€ but that wonā€™t make it any less entertaining :slight_smile:

Equal Temperament

Just a note that itā€™s Tim Carmodyā€™s post, heā€™s currently subbing for Jason Kottke.

Slowed down itā€™s just as horrible as the original, only longer. Isnā€™t there some kind of filter that would turn it into a majestic french horn?

It would still be all yakkity.

3 Likes

I dunno. Apply a reverse of that minor-to-major voodoo from a while back, and you could end up with Forlornity Horn.

4 Likes

Well, in theory,yes, via the ā€œmagicā€ of MIDI. Dump the audio into a midi file and then reassign that track to ā€œFrench Horn.ā€

itā€™s not quite as technical, but I made a similar post a while back: http://dankrealtalk.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-to-dank.html

the ā€œfruitsā€ of my research on the matter can be found on that website, or ā€œremasteredā€ at http://danked.bandcamp.com/

If making your own, I wouldnā€™t worry too much about the end result being in concert pitch. The Beatles didnā€™t bother, and few people notice.

ā€˜Strawberry Fields Foreverā€™ is somewhere between two keys, being comprised of two takes edited together, which had original been recorded at different speeds and in different key, but just so happened to match up when they were both varispeeded to a middle point between the two.

ā€˜Sheā€™s Leaving Homeā€™ was sped up a bit on the mono mix, but not according to any formula. They just wanted their voices to sound a bit younger.

I implore you to listen to Captain and Tennilleā€™s ā€œDo That To Me One More Timeā€ slowed to the equivalent of 45rpm to 33 1/3rpm.

1 Like

Cept it doenst work quite like that short of some actual ā€œmagicā€.

1 Like

Of course SoundCloud embeds here with a plain link like many other links, so we can experience this wondrous @beschizza creation as we read the same BBS arguments over and over and overā€¦ and overā€¦

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.