Kapibara-san, Capybara plush toys from Japan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/24/kapibara-san-capybara-plush-t.html

5 Likes

Sorry, no. Senior prom was held at Lion Country Safari, and the only thing more memorable than peacocks pooping on couples necking under the verandas was the staffer chasing a capybara running loose among the dancers.

4 Likes

The plush isn’t all that cute, but i will say that they are among my favorite animals :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! An arboreal capybara. Who’da thunk it?

5 Likes

capybara-fun

14 Likes

I’m a big fan of the capybaras that live in the High Park Toronto zoo. Sometimes they get out so they can fuck in peace and then come back. Their babies are cute - and named after the members of the band Rush. Yay, Capybaras!

7 Likes

I see that the recipe calls for simmering for a few hours with a dozen or so lemons. Does that make them tender?

11 Likes

Please don’t tell Japan about nutria…

1 Like

What do they plan on doing when they have a fourth baby?

1 Like

Maybe each baby has gotten only one name, “Geddy” and “Lee” and “Neil” and …

On our farm, we had three animal siblings, Tony, Orlando, and Dawn.

4 Likes

Those toys lack capybara essence

My eccentric ex-father-in-law decided to tame the nutria that lived in the creek behind my house (many years ago). After 6 months he was able to hand feed them. Eventually one of them decided to taste the hand that fed it. After he was released from the hospital he decided to find a new hobby. :crazy_face:

On the original topic: Capybaras and things Japan loves both help make this janked up timeline a little more happy. :heart:

3 Likes

Capybara Yuzu Hot Tub is my new band name

2 Likes

Yuzu oranges, not lemons.

3 Likes

Why, yes, yes they are.

Why do we not have a Capybara emoji?

1 Like

CAPYBARA!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.