Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says conspiracy-believing basketball player possesses “gelatinous ignorance”

Originally published at: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says conspiracy-believing basketball player possesses "gelatinous ignorance" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

12 Likes

truth preach GIF

8 Likes

Most of the time, when I hear kids looking to athletes as role models, I respond with some version of “This person spent years and years perfecting their abilities to do what they do. That, I can respect. But to model areas that they absolutely did not study or perfect is like looking to me as a model for car mechanics.” Kareem is a rare exception to this rule. He has used his years to perfect his intellect and philosophy, not just his hook shot.

And “gelatinous ignorance.” OMG, yoink! I am absolutely using that one!!

21 Likes

And here I thought “gelatinous ignorance” meant you didn’t know how to make Jell-O. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Plus he put a size 26 footprint on Bruce Lee’s chest in Game of Death!

12 Likes

It means you lost your saving throw against Jell-O.

11 Likes

Another good example of perfecting one’s intellect and philosophy.

8 Likes

Abdul-Jabbar, who has criticized Irving’s reasoning skills in the past, wrote that the ballplayer “is back and more destructive, insensitive, and just plain silly than before.”

Slam-dunk!

12 Likes

Even as a history major at UCLA he took the designation of “scholar-athlete” more seriously than most.

Do not go up against Kareem in a battle of wits. You will always lose.

12 Likes

Everything he would say is bound to go over my head, that’s a given.

7 Likes

And he wrote mystery novels! The guy has a fantastic work ethic.

8 Likes

Gelatinous!

Brain scan of Infowars persons:

3 Likes

KAJ is a national treasure that sadly, wasn’t in the news much unless he drops a sniper-accurate observation that makes the news, such as this one. I think many only really saw him as the “skyhook guy”, not as one of the smartest people that was in the NBA.

Someone should go through his substack and pick out more gems and share them with the world.

5 Likes

6 Likes

disgusted i feel sick GIF

6 Likes

Oooh a red Swingline!

3 Likes
2 Likes

excuse me. excuse me.
that is my stapler…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.