Kareem is "thrilled" that LeBron broke his NBA scoring record

Originally published at: Kareem is "thrilled" that LeBron broke his NBA scoring record | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Holy shit, it took like 30 seconds for the entire press corp to be out on the court after he sunk the shot…

Also, this is an interesting factoid!

I established my scoring record in 1984—the year LeBron was born .

14 Likes

8 Likes

I wouldn’t have expected anything else from a guy whose photo could be the textbook illustration for “a class act”.

15 Likes

Kareem is truly a treasure — he’s not only one of the world’s greatest athletes of all time, he’s also a scholar who shares insightful wisdom about sports, life, politics, culture, and more.

He really is.
This is a great read -

9 Likes

It seems that KAJ wasn’t feeling well, yet they brought him to the game, so the clip came out like this:

3 Likes

And he put a size 40 footprint on Bruce Lee’s chest in Game of Death
Total renaissance man.

9 Likes

With sunglasses.
Legend.

4 Likes

He really is a class act.
https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19990103&slug=2936935

2 Likes

Hey, they forgot to mention KAJ had that side gig as a co-pilot too

7 Likes

kareem abdul-jabbar thumbs up GIF by NBA

6 Likes

I saw an interesting analysis that LeBron actually could have claimed the title much sooner (possibly even years sooner) but he’s actually a very unselfish ball handler. He assists and makes plays a lot more than he takes the shots himself. He seems like a guy deserving of this new title!

3 Likes

LeBron still has some years in his career - I am rooting for him to be able to play on a team with his kid, that would be incredible. Seems plausible based on how he is playing.

4 Likes

iggy azalea s GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.