Ketamine rebuilds connections between neurons lost during stress

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/11/ketamine-rebuilds-connections.html

4 Likes

by rebuilding connections between neurons lost during stress.

I need to start spiking my daily whiskey with this stuff.

27 Likes

Mixed with Mescal it’s K Especial

16 Likes

Too bad you live in a country where the majority of people are vicious busybodies, who are so worthless themselves that they have nothing better to do than try to make rules about what you and me can put in our whiskey.

Also, you really don’t want to mix booze and downers. That’s a seriously bad idea. But that’s just my personal advice.

7 Likes

I guess it’ll just have to go in the coffee then.

And is there some place where people are not vicious busybodies?

16 Likes

If I knew of one, I would already have moved there.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Ketamine is not a “downer” it’s a dis-associative similar to PCP. Generally just thrown in with psychedelic drugs.

13 Likes

Came here to say this. In fact, ketamine stimulates the nervous system.

12 Likes

So what you are saying is you can mix it with alcohol or coffee?

17 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t have personal experience with it (unfortunately, see busybodies above) but a friend of mine who does told me not to mix it with booze. He also said that you can build a massive tolerance really quick, so doing it too often is a bad idea. Unfortunately, due to aforementioned busybodies, there’s not a huge amount of research, so we wind up relying on anecdotes.

8 Likes

I’ve had it mixed with cocaine, and talked to the Great Old Ones. Dunno if any of my neurons got reconnected tho. It’s crazy sister, methoxetamine is… interesting. Think 28 Days Later, whereas ketamine makes Romero shamblers of heavy users.

8 Likes

Sure you can mix it with anything whether it’s a good idea? probably not a good idea to mix any psychoactive substances with out knowing your own limitations.

5 Likes

Great old ones you say? damn. Are you still sane? have you started a church?

5 Likes

I got better!

6 Likes

So you say. Over the internet, where we can’t see the gills.

18 Likes

So you’re saying i should do ketamine after every time i have an anxiety attack? I’m gunna need a doctor’s note to explain this…

8 Likes

Ok, you’ve convinced me to do a shitload of that stuff!

3 Likes

The impulse to Puritanical legislation is especially strong in the US in specific, and somewhat pronounced the Anglophone world in general.

Not that other cultures are immune, merely noted.

Edit for grammar.

4 Likes

I just spike my daily whisky with whisky…

12 Likes