Kiddie Cocktails: hooch free drink recipes in a beautiful book

I’ve tried to inculcate booze snobbery in my daughter, so that she doesn’t want to drink gallons of awful cheap booze. It’s had mixed results, but it kinda worked.

1 Like

This will go great with my upcoming book teaching kids how to roll joints!

The graphics make it fun!

1 Like

Of course you mean joints with Tru-hemp (the THC free weed alternative!)…

(it’s ok because there’s no active ingredient!)

A couple years ago, my oldest daughter attended a birthday party at school. Each kid received as a gift a bottle of “spunch”, a kind of non-alcoholic cider which resembled a champagne bottle.

Me and my wife strongly disapproved that and complained to the school board. The brithday kid’s parents apologized later and said that they just intended to mime a toast.

I assume that children are not able to get the right message when the subject is alcohol. They go after the form, regardless of the content, and extending such glamour even to something that has an innocent intention doesn’t look right to me.

I come from an Italian family in which having wine from an early age was right. I remember being encouraged by granpa to sip his wine when I was five, but that was almost 40 years ago and the world was another place, more innocent and with less information and pressure over kids.

I loved the graphics but think that they could be used in more positive subjects for kids.

In my alcoholic family no one had time for fancy drinks. Or fun. Or parties. FWIW… other’s dysfunctional family mileage may also vary!

I drink, actually, because obsessing and basing my life around the avoidance of something is still, to me, being a part of that system. If some day I have to stop drinking, well then I have to stop drinking. Plenty of things one has to stop doing at one point or another. But being ruled by fear and shame? Fuck that… at least for me!

I’d buy this, though I don’t have kids, just to make summer drinks and what not for people when you don’t want to drink or drinking doesn’t make any sense. TBH I guess there are different ways of looking at it. If you have a party and the kids don’t get to drink anything while the adults do, it does sort of glamorize it I think more than giving the kids (and non-drinking adults) a good tasting and good looking option. My take is that there is more to drinking than getting drunk (or else we’d just shoot Everclear and be done with it).

2 Likes

From the sound of some people thank god I don’t have kids or I’d have to be like “You get water. And fear. Fear is free. Water costs a dollar.”

3 Likes

Pierre Berton? But you died ten years ago.

1 Like

My kid rolls an awesome joint. She’s nearly as good as me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.