Kodak is bringing back Ektachrome film

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/11/kodak-is-bringing-back-ektachr.html

3 Likes

Even now I occasionally use a film camera just to get the thrill of using slide film. But not Ektachrome (yawn). It’s Velvia FTW.

3 Likes

Ironically?

1 Like

Color photography is overrated.

2 Likes

“So with just a slight change you can put that song back in your performances, Mr. Simon…”

6 Likes

This is a step in the right direction. There’s hope for the Polaroid pack films too.

Curiously, last night I had a dream about Autochromes.

6 Likes

Today’s earworm, ta -

2 Likes

Fuji makes the pack film for polaroid.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/18595-USA/Fujifilm_15435626_FP_100C_Professional_Instant_Color.html

I love the color, but the enclosure is plastic rather than metal. On pack Polaroid camera there are two springs that push against the film pack to hold it tightly in place…this was designed for metal backed film encloses.
Twist those things off or the film will jam when you pull it.

1 Like

There’s also an interview with the folks from Kodak in which they indicate that they’re also looking at maybe reviving Kodachrome.
Wonders may never cease.

Nope, you’re looking at the last of the stock:

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like we all moved on five years ago to other stock and why should I support a company that has no problems cutting bait when they misjudge the market?

1 Like

How to I get the Ektachrome into my iphone?

5 Likes

Back in the 35mm days, I hardly ever shot on anything else. Still working on digitizing all those slides.

Not made by Apple so not allowed.

1 Like

That’s why I have a few packs in the 'fridge.

This was from last year. With the 3000BW fuji flat pack film and a 1965 bellows style polaroid 250 camera.

Yeah…I need to scan those.

1 Like

We gave away most or our shots…and asked these two ladies if it was okay if we kept the ‘negative’ peel apart bit and if it was okay to put it on the 'net.
This is just a iphone photo of the negative turned to positive.

1 Like

I miss the 3000, you could shoot that in a coal mine at midnight and still get great stuff.

I heard that they’re making an Instagram edition of it.

1 Like

Seriously, we don’t really need to go back to the days of expensive film, getting it developed, in nasty toxic chemicals. I can’t imagine that there is enough of a market to make this any more than a fringe element. Stick with your vinyl records, hipsters.

Do you refer to the return of Ektachrome or using film in general? I still shoot film, mainly because I enjoy the dark room more than any other part of the experience. Manipulating images there is much more interesting to me than fiddling with photoshop.

2 Likes