Korean toilet unclogger

I’m not sure what the water quality standards are where you are, but I don’t consider a fresh-water rinse adequate for cleaning items contaminated by fecal matter. Once the tank (cistern) is contaminated, everything in it up to the maximum fill level is contaminated. Flushing doesn’t change that.

Well, I perhaps wouldn’t drink out of it, but I also wouldn’t be too worried that contamination might also carry back against the flow and pressure to the next junction and that contaminated water would flow out of my faucets.

Flow and pressure only help when the water is running. Once the water stops running, any contamination can work it’s way through the entire system. Again, there are reasons that regulations require backflow preventers whenever a potable water source connects to a potential contamination source. The air gap between the tank and the bowl is the only backflow preventer on a toilet. Trust what you want, that device is potentially (not certainly, but potentially) dangerous.

What if this method fails to dislodge the clog? How does one safely drain the water out of the bowl in order to use a more robust method of clearing the clog?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.