L.A. Thanksgiving traffic almost beautiful from a distance

Well, actually . . .

2 Likes

looks like it was that squirrel who was “spoke out,” ultimately.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, I could find no image of a squirrel rim-shot (on drums).

3 Likes

I know that squirrel. He’s a shady dude.

1 Like

Somebody has double-checked that none of the LA freeways form demonic sigils ala Good Omens, right? Because this really is looking like the first stage of the traffic becoming a burning flowing mass of resentment and despair. After all, we are almost all set up for the Apocalypse now.

3 Likes

I have to go through L.A. every Tuesday night and Wednesday morning as my part-time “sustenance” job. I was told I didn’t need to make the run this week because the north CA sales guy would grab the delivery when he came down to the south store. #disappointedbutnotreally

1 Like

I’m in a battle with my own jihadist squirrel. Screen didn’t keep him out of my attic so I added chicken wire and a BBQ grate. Here’s his fuck-you response.

7 Likes

I get the feeling that the information superhighway is rather clogged right now, too. My two favorite streaming websites are slow as molasses.

Within 10 days? You mean, within 100 years. NEVER drive between 4 and 7.

1 Like

I’d rather drive six times across Manhattan than 20 miles around downtown LA most times of day.

I’ve taken a couple of 20-30 mile trips around LA in the last couple of days going places with relatives. Right time of day, they were 30-45 minutes. Wrong time of day, both were about 2 hours of stressful driving, complete with helpful GPS suggestions of “you could take this alternate route, 8 miles farther on surface streets, which will save you 20 minutes”, which might have been true if everybody else’s GPS hadn’t just told them that too, and arguments between Garmin and Siri, etc.

Back in the 90s, my Orange County counterpart left the company, so until we found someone to replace him, it was faster for me to drive 15 minutes to San Jose airport and fly down to John Wayne than for our LA guy to drive all the way across town from out in the Valley.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.