LAPD: to infect and serve?

Originally published at: LAPD: to infect and serve? | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Gosh, hope this doesn’t blow up in their fashy faces.

download-3

20 Likes

I’m sorry, officer, but you can’t arrest me for stealing that car. I have a religious exemption from that law. My sincerely held religious beliefs as a worshipper of Mask, God of Thieves, require me to attempt to steal something at least once a week and to attempt to steal a major item at least once a year. Thank you for respecting my First Amendment rights.

\s

28 Likes

Well, most of them are part of the Death Cult, so at least they’re not lying.

15 Likes

I enjoyed hearing about the Hospital that asked any employees who declared a religious objection to the use of aborted fetuses in their medicines that they sign a sworn statement that they don’t use Tylenol, Tums, or any of several dozen popular over-the-counter medicine which were developed the same way,

Now include the fact that more police have died from COVID in the past year than from ANY other cause of death.

17 Likes

So either a vaccine is forced on the cops and some quit, leading to a shortage of police, or they are out with covid and/or quarantine leading to a shortage of police. Looks like we are going to see how smaller police forces affect the community one way or the other and maybe they should be kept that way.

5 Likes

They need to keep up their numbers.

Just curious… How did the end products of abortions help in the development of calcium carbonate + sucrose (Tums) or the late 1800s synthesis and subsequent use in humans of acetaminophen?

As to cops who refuse vaccination, fuck 'em. Fire 'em, as is mentioned in the article below. If health care workers who save lives must get a jab, so should these guys, who too often take lives and maybe save some. I am glad Denver has no interest in enforcement of speed limits, relying instead on unenforceable speed camera tickets. My chances of Covid exposure would go through the roof. Props to our Fire Dept for thinking beyond their own selfish interests and deserving to be called heroes.

“Okay then, not…some cops!” :angry:

:smirk:

I do not see the police abiding by any quarantine protocols.

5 Likes

Fetal cell lines are used to test many products. The cell lines have been cultivated in labs from tissue taken decades ago. The products themselves don’t contain any tissues or cells.

Really, it is just a grabbing at straws attempt by antivaxxers. So the hospital is trying to make sure that they are sincerely living their religious beliefs and not just using religion as an excuse.

14 Likes

I’ve heard too many cop-to-cop conversations about worshiping John Wayne (really) so, there’s that.

2 Likes

I read about things like this, and I have two thoughts:

If you can get a “religious exemption” (even if it’s not a real religious belief) for something that has such a serious impact on other people, what else could be exempted? (I mean, I know this is one of those things that benefits those of privilege/power primarily, but still…) Being unvaccinated is as dangerous to others as driving drunk is (maybe more so, depending on local ICU capacity). That opens up all sorts of potentially dangerous behaviors to “religious exemption.”

And if they’re going to claim this exemption, it shouldn’t simply allow them to do their jobs as normal. Ok, you want the religious exemption? You’re on desk duty. You get the shit work. It’s not a punishment, it’s an acknowledgement that everyone you interact with also has rights (something the police aren’t used to acknowledging, granted).

8 Likes

I don’t think this was happening in the late 1800s when Tylenol was developed or think any fetal cell lines were used in the development of Tums.
I’ll eat my words if someone can provide an OTC product that required fetal cell lines for development.

2 Likes

arguing that it violates their constitutional rights to privacy and due process.

Since when have the police ever given a rats fuck about constitutional rights or due process?

1 Like

Drugs aren’t just invented and then never tested again; they continue to be tested. Tylenol might not have been created using fetal cells, but it has been tested using a specific line of cloned fetal cells, HEK293 which is a kidney cell that was isolated from a terminated fetus in 1972. Almost all current pharmaceuticals have been tested using the same cells.

If a religious exemption is granted to covid vaccinations for being tested using HEK293 cells, then every other drug tested on HEK293 cells should also fall under the same religious prohibitions. So, if you say your religion prevents testing on any fetal cell tissue you are effectively eschewing the use of almost any medication.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/throughcatholiclenses/2021/01/if-any-drug-tested-on-hek-293-is-immoral-goodbye-modern-medicine/

Common over the counter medicines tested on HEK-293 cells or derivative cell lines.

1. Tylenol / Acetaminophen
  2. Advil / Motrin / Ibuprofen
  3. Aspirin / Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA)
  4. Aleve / Naproxen
  5. Pseudoephedrine / Sudafed / / SudoGest, Suphedrine
  6. Diphenhydramine / Benadryl
  7. Loratadine / Claritin
  8. Dextromethorphan / Delsym / Robafen Cough / Robitussin
  9. Guaifenesin / Mucinex
  10. Tums / Calcium Carbonate
  11. Maalox / Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide
  12. Docusate / Colace / Ex-Lax Stool Softener
  13. Senna Glycoside / Sennoside / Senna / Ex-Lax / Senokot
  14. Pepto-Bismol / Bismuth Subsalicylate
  15. Phenylephrine / Preparation H / Vazculep / Suphedrine PE
  16. Mepyramine / Pyrilamine
  17. Lidocaine / Lidoderm / Recticare
21 Likes

Huh, I didn’t realize Bastard was a recognized religion.

5 Likes

I was hoping to see a certain class of medications on that list: “Daddy’s Little Helper”. How many people claiming a religious exemption would be willing to forego their boner pills?

Take a page from the America’s Funniest Home Videos playbook and hit 'em in the crotch.

5 Likes

Which religions forbid modern medicine in their doctrinal texts. Christian ‘Scientists’, but are there any others?

1 Like

I think we agree on bogus claims of religious exemption, but may be misreading each other.

If you read the citations in Pubmed given in the article you supplied, you’d see that development of such drugs did not depend on fetal cell lines, but, long after they were established in therapy, other uses have been studied using that cell line.
I was responding to this:

I did not bother reading all the drug citations, but for the ones mentioned above, the article cites studies having nothing to do with these two items’ development or common use (Tylenol as an analgeisic/antipyretic and Tums for GI distress).
Click to see: Tylenol 1 Tylenol 2 Tums 1 Tums 2

There’s a clear difference between using fetal cell lines to test a substance for possible alternate uses many years after they were initially developed and these vaccines, which used those cell lines for their creation. The latter forms the rationale for religious objection for some people. The former seems unrelated.