Last night's massive boom over Puget Sound was likely exploding meteor

Between this, the plague of locusts, the raging wildfires and the global pandemic, we’re fairly racking up the mysterious portents this year.

6 Likes

Hey, they have a KML up on the American Meteor Society for this sighting. Apparently they have 16 reports, and it’s enough to project the 3D path of the meteor

7 Likes

Well, lockdown or no, I know a few intrepid meteorite hunters that are likely gearing up right now.

3 Likes

And there’s hamburger all over the highway in Mystic, Connecticut…

1 Like

I mentioned it to one of my co-workers. “Oh that’s because the electric charge differential made it blow up!”

“What?”

“Space has so much charge, things from space blow up when they hit the opposite charge of the earth!”

“The earth is neutrally charged. That’s why your compass works. Meteorites blow up from rapid differential adiabatic heating. Something inside vaporizes and causes the explosion. You can do that with a river rock and a campfire.”

“Oh I don’t believe in ‘settled science’ I believe in the electric universe theory!”

Fuckin kooks everywhere.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.