Laura Ingraham blames John Fetterman's severe depression on "cruel" wife Gisele (video)

Originally published at: Laura Ingraham blames John Fetterman's severe depression on "cruel" wife Gisele (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I see you, Laura. And I raise you Ginni Thomas.

24 Likes

Since they’re both doing some speculation, I’ll just ask some questions about how two vicious psychopaths like them are able to sleep at night (my guess: just fine).

15 Likes

If anyone suddenly lost, or suffered significant impairment, in being able to understand all human speech, they’d be quite psychologically unusual not to suffer depression, (egads i would be nigh suicidal m’self). What a vastly improved national politic the U.S. would have with more Fettermans and far fewer Ingrahams. -sigh-

24 Likes

I’d bet a donut that Faux News is attacking John’s wife to further destabilize his mental condition. Cruelty is just a tool for them.

16 Likes

conservatives are simply horrible human beings.

16 Likes

People who stigmatize mental illness discourage treatment lead to people getting sicker and getting people killed. I would much, much rather have a leader who suffers from depression that are racist rapist sociopath like Trump.

18 Likes

Arguably the greatest President in the history of the Union suffered severe depression.

17 Likes

Churchill too, famously battled his “black dog”. I’m sure there’s others.

9 Likes

Republicans and Tories aren’t even conservative anymore. They are fascists, as defined by Umberto Eco in Ur-Fascism.

The handful who aren’t fascists do not have the power to change their parties now. It would be better if they became independents and joined a united front against fascism.

17 Likes

Seems like they were trying to find some angle to be crappy about this, while still seeming on the surface compassionate to him.

And they failed, because there are rarely effective ways to be passive aggressively shitty and this was definitely not it.

5 Likes

I can fully understand being depressed after a stroke. Probably a long and difficult recovery. I feel empathy for Senator (!woot!) Fetterman. That sort of common decency seems beyond the faux newz crew.

10 Likes

To which Ingraham replied, with absolute seriousness, “It’s sickening and it’s cruel.”

8 Likes

I blame Laura ingraham’s assholery on her being an asshole

13 Likes

Please please please Dominion, may you put this outfit down.

6 Likes

US conservatives’ choices are currently to either be a) incredibly ignorant and refuse to emerge from their comforting propaganda cocoon, or b) be a part of the spinning of that cocoon.

Not much middle ground any more.

6 Likes

I don’t quite understand why they are going after his wife. They said disparaging comments during his swearing in ceremony. I think it is a combination of ableism (surely a stroke suffer isn’t in control of his own actions.) and sexism that conservatives like to throw and liberal/Democratic women. :confused:

2 Likes

I think that it just comes down to that they seem to have a good relationship, Gisele Fetterman is funny and smart…and…of course…racism (mixed with misogyny). These assholes can’t let all of that go un-mocked

Basically Laura Ingraham is a miserable person. That’s it

9 Likes

I would also add that his wife is mainstream beautiful, and sought Fetterman out while he was a mayor because he had so impressed her as a good man. So, I’d further speculate a) envy and b) anger at the idea that being good and standing for something can actually pull good people towards you and build rewarding relationships.

That last goes directly against what I suspect Ingraham and others at Fox have dedicated their lives too - the notion that standing up and caring for others who can’t help you is a sucker’s game. So one should instead play many different games of deceit in order to “win”. Because winning is all that matters.

So when they see someone’s done well by doing well for others, it hurts them. All the things they’ve had to do that they know are shit…and someone comes along attracting love for taking tough stands with integrity, to do things that are actually positive and good for others? It’s not fair! There’s no way! There must be some way it’s not real, some way it’s a scam.

All of the above complete speculation of course. But that’s what I’m sensing at least a whiff of.

5 Likes

Gisele Barreto Fetterman, the Second Lady of Pennsylvania (or as she prefers, “SLOP”)

:laughing:

6 Likes