Laurie Anderson, on the death of her husband, Lou Reed

[Permalink]

And then there’s this wholly other tribute, equal parts awful, mawkish, silly, and lovely (but better, for me, than what Danny Boyle did with, or to, the same song):

Love to Laurie Anderson and Lou’s other survivors. Miss ya, Lulu.

That is so wonderfully bizarre, I don’t even know what to think.

1 Like

Now I’m kind of wishing they’d done it to “Sister Ray” or something similar: THAT’S NO WAY TO EARN A DOLLAR, DON’T YOU KNOW YOU’LL STAIN THE CARPET? could have been epic.

Death is not a big issue. Life is.

I’m so sad for her loss. I’ve always thought that every picture I’ve seen of them together, they look so happy…

1 Like

It’s a beautiful image: doing tai chi just with his musician’s hands.

Peace and remembrance for you, Laurie Anderson.

I once heard Lou Reed in an interview describe himself as a novelist. I think that’s about right. It accounts for the largely spoken style, the detailed, realistic observation. When I told my wife he died, she said “He only had that one hit.” That’s not the point. Great art is not always a hit.

Caught between the twisted stars
the plotted lines the faulty map
that brought Columbus to New York
Betwixt between the East and West
he calls on her wearing a leather vest
the earth squeals and shudders to a halt
A diamond crucifix in his ear
is used to help ward off the fear
that he has left his soul in someone’s rented car

1 Like

Last week I promised Lou to get him out of the hospital and come home to Springs. And we made it!

I can only hope and pray that when my time of dying comes my wife will do the same for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.