Lawsuit alleges Bose's headphone app exfiltrates your listening habits to creepy data-miners

The price would be silly if they were just headphones.

For me, they’re not just a music-listening device— They’re a ‘noise-reduction to keep me from being overwhelmed by engine noise while flying’ device.

2 Likes

I find them to be way high in price, buuuut, the market is cornered by the very high priced in the BT and active noise cancelling headphones area. I tried the $90 Böhm ones on Amazon, but those started making a clicking noise when the NC was active, had the quirkiest BT controller I’ve seen, and had this weird smell to them. Other than that there were a lot of models that lied about active noise cancelling on the cheap end. I ultimately went with the Bose because they were the cheaper option between them and the Sony ones. I used to have a pair of Audio Technica noise cancelling headphones, but I need wireless these days, and right now that’s where they getcha.

1 Like

Corporations are awesome and there’s no way they would ever spy on us. /s /jumpsfrombridge

4 Likes

One thing that I find a bit fishy in this, and I’m going to try investigating myself, is that there’s no real evidence out there that this is happening. There’s an assertion in the lawsuit, but that a lawsuit is filed does not mean, per se, that there is something happening; only that someone’s claimed that it’s happening.

Now, I’m not saying it’s not happening, because it’s not beyond the realm of possibility, but at the same time I’m not saying it’s happening because we don’t have anything more than one guy and his lawyer’s assertion on it.

ETA: erp, I take that back, thanks @wrecksdart for finding the details before I could suss them out.

That sounds like a line from a David Cronenberg film :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, but isn’t the enhanced ass wiping experience of using the app worth it?

2 Likes

Obviously invented in Soviet Russia, where headphones listen TO YOU!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.