Lawsuit forces DoJ to admit that Obama administration sneakily killed transparency bill

I mean, think about it. Was his Justice Department “going rogue” when they continued to prosecute these people?

I apologize, I had misremembered it as an EO; it was a memo and a part of the 2014 budget he signed. He essentially ordered the DEA to stop raiding/prosecuting medical marijuana distributors in states where it’s legal, and defunded all of their operations to do so. Eric Holder also issued a memo declaring an end to medical marijuana prosecutions around that time.

Certainly seems like it, yes.

So, after his first term in office, right? So, there is zero evidence that all the raids and prosecutions during his first term were the result of anybody “going rogue.”

If there is no evidence of a thing happening, then it doesn’t make sense to say that it “seems like” the thing happened (especially when the thing - a standing president’s Justice Department “going rogue” - is so extraordinary).

Again, if you have any evidence, whatsoever, that the raids on marijuana dispensaries during Obama’s first term were carried out by “rogue” DEA agents, and that they were prosecuted by “rogue” Justice Department attorneys, you should provide it. My mind is easily changed by evidence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He didn’t build that!

Is that you, Barack? I thought you were kitesurfing with Richard Branson.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.