Leaked Grenfell Towers papers: Tory politicians rejected fireproof cladding proposal for a 5.7% savings

Thanks, but I wanted to say it just in case anyone else was… :wink:

As it happens, I have the Daily Mail blocker add-on in my browser and despite being a peaceful liberal type I’d happily kick Paul Dacre in the balls repeatedly for as long as it took him to fuck off and die.
I suspect the Daily Mail article to be correct therefore in its bare facts (there is an issue re colour of safety screen and work has temporarily stopped) and I am sure you are also correct in that the presentation of these facts will contain all the elements you describe. I am not going to go and verify, needless to say. I’ll search further this evening and see if I can find another more palatable reference.

2 Likes

£200,000 ÷ 72 = £2.777,78

1 Like

Being to cheap to install fire protection and fighting the government every step of the way?
That sure sounds familiar.

1 Like

Tories seem to think that investment in deprived urban areas is equal to gold plated front doors though.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16041909.__39_Blackbird_Leys_could_all_have_gold_front_doors__39___Councillor_blasts_cash_for_estate/

Of course, he has a better idea for the money. A wider road to a nearby military base. I think I’ll stick with investing in Blackbird Leys and other deprived urban areas, thank you.

2 Likes

Now, now, you do him an injustice. He doesn’t want just one wider road to the airbase. He wants lots of wider roads. And roundabouts and a puppy on a string. And a balloon.

Well, maybe not the last two.

This is the key math to the whole thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.