Learn total self defense with John McSweeney

Originally published at: Learn total self defense with John McSweeney | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The my pillow guy deserved every punch.

5 Likes

4 Likes

More like Tiger Moobs, amiright?

1 Like

I suppose people could do worse if they are looking for self defense courses. And I think his idea on the second video for low impact exercises is solid (although defaulting to “belly dancing” as his best example convinced me he just liked watching belly dancers). However, his trigger discipline at the start of the first video is absolute crap and I wouldn’t trust him after that.

3 Likes

Here I was thinking I could learn self-defence with McSweeney’s.

Would probably be an article on Bartitsu or something.

5 Likes

Obligs

11 Likes

From The Brand New Monty Python Bok

14 Likes

Talk about burying the lede.

2 Likes

So handguns being the shooty things some people seem to enjoy carrying on their persons, I assume hand-guns are the :point_left: weapons of last resort. I already know how to clean mine, though I’m reluctant to find out how to strip them. I suppose taking my gloves off in a sultry manner would count.

For when you want to get serious about self defense:

1 Like

Street smarts!!!

Nearly indistinguishable from Tim and Eric sketches.

2 Likes

Putting the krav in MAGA

That’s what I thought of too.

Llap goch seems to mean something like “red and moíst,” although I’m not sure it’s meant to be real Welsh

2 Likes

I watched the videos… and when I read, “It appears to be the ultimate “grandpa slaps others and himself” self-defense video.” I literally cried with laughter for a good 60 seconds.
Thank you Rob Beschizza

2 Likes

I have never once checked my brake lines.

Is this the day I discover my spouse is not really my soulmate?

And before I go looking for my true soulmate, is it gauche to ask how long checking my brake lines every single day is going to take? Like, is this a ten-second thing, or am I committing to multiple minutes doing this each day?

3 Likes

The fluid is on the ground near the tires, don’t ask how I know that…

4 Likes

tumblr_peuq6zgYJe1s9xw57o1_5001

2 Likes

Soulmate

This “soul” thing… can I get one by eating someone else’s?

I went down an internet rabbit hole a few months back and ended up watching a bunch of videos about the phenomena in the 1980’s of white guys with no training claiming to be kung-fu masters. Most of it was so cringe it was almost hard to watch. It talked a bit about the magazines of the day as well and how they were leveraged to give many of the charlatans the air of legitimacy. The crazy part was that I had figured these guys were just con-men trying to make a buck, but most of them seemed to honestly and truly believe their own lies about secretly being trained on a mountain by a kung-fu master who handed their secrets and skills over to them to carry on their line of fighting.

1 Like