Led Zeppelin and NWA mashed up into “a whole lotta love straight outta Compton.”

Originally published at: Led Zeppelin and NWA mashed up into "a whole lotta love straight outta Compton." | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Yeah, but has he seen the bridge? ‘Cause that song has a bridge. A confounded long bridge.

10 Likes

Needs more theramin!

7 Likes

I’ve already got the mashup I need.

6 Likes

I always wanted to sub out “whole lotta love” with some CSNY.

Love the one you’re with!
MRRRRROWWWWWW
MRRRRROWWWWWW
MRRRRROWWWWWWWWWWW…

3 Likes

So, a blues cover band can work as a back track for rap, and a white dude felt he should point this out? ImShockeckedShockedWellNotThatShocked.gif.

Here’s my personal fave cross. Canadian proto industrial band Skinny Puppy vs Public Enemy. As PE pointed out, beat is the father of your rock’n’roll.

3 Likes

I really, really miss the occasional MashMix albums Boing Boing used to share with us. I’ve got all the Christmas mixes they shared.

2 Likes

Not just industrial? :thinking: Seems to me that they were one of the bands who defined the genre…

That’s what I meant by proto. As in, genre forming.

I think that the remaining members of Throbbing Gristle might object to that, though… Being the people who actual named the genre… I guess there is an argument that there is the original industrial, and electro industrial, which is more representative of SP…

The name “There I Ruined It” is spot on.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.