Letter to the Editor

<a href=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ptOCAuEHRqu3jCpE7ThBwHdl1CfEHcevDnVz_abTxvg/edit?pli=1>Just in time, just for you.

If only that was always the case…

What is the flag on the left in the little drawing? The red one?

My error, thanks. Should’ve said “Managing Editor”.

4 Likes

LEST WE FORGET

NB: what started out as a fun thread soon got derailed into serious theoretical discussions.

Ugh.

1 Like

Fun fact: His design for that tee shirt was changed due to legal reasons.

1 Like

Waaaaaitaminute. Does banning bestow victimhood? If so, what then? What then?!

If you read the letter, you’d know that he is a perp from before he wrote the letter. The letter just reinforces his perp-a-derp-i-tude.

lkd Thrs’s mddng prsnlly.

5 Likes

Would you like to hold a dead* person responsible for his part first, before the living are held to justice?

Go ahead, flog and or piss on the dead* if you like. Classy!

Is that plain enough?

you can replace the * with 'raped, beaten, torturted, human pyramided, or even just bullied.

Their failures, as perceived by you there in the armchair, do not justify the documented abuse that was the chosen response to their failures.

Stop Justifying Abuse.

we may or may not agree on whether publishing a letter to the editor, written to the editor willingly, is abusive. I guess if the writer is ill, or otherwise incapacitated, then it could be seen as abusive. I guess.

1 Like

I sort of miss disemvowelling… Its meaning was clear, and it was a nice stop short of deletion or the ban hammer (or a way station on the road to both, I suppose, depending on the troll). It was also entertaining.

4 Likes

I’d like to think I come in a close second, as my prior bans go back at least to TNH (under a prior username). Been a long while though. Age must do something to a guy.

Why not? It was. You would seem to be equating abuse of power (as in a murdered kid being urinated on post mortem by a bunch of entitled pricks claiming he did something which logically lead to the death part) with mere use of private property (an editor enjoying the use of the free press he owns).

2 Likes

He was a pretty good poster boy for the title of “brutally oppressive mod” though…

Exactly. That they’re conflating victim-blaming the dead or a victim of sexual assault with someone who mouthed off on a webforum and got their account banned makes them a very very terrible human being.

3 Likes

They even gave you mod powers! (accidentally, temporarily…)

You might consider upping that age limit a smidge. I’ve passed your arbitrary 40 demarcation, and I definitely consider such Boomer repartee to be poor attempts to conceal implicit racism/sexism.

2 Likes

I believe that resisting arrest by an armed police officer would put my life at immediate risk.

In practice, yes. In theory, it should not.

So we’re in the in-real-world vs in-ideal-world situation…

2 Likes