Letter to the Editor

I call bullshit on that last part.

And your goal was? yeah.

3 Likes

No love for the ā€œcatā€™s blue jeansā€?

1 Like

Itā€™s remarkable, the growth that people go through when they recognize this point.

The popping sound their head makes as it pops of where they had it stashed is also satisfying. Good luck getting through the wails of the self-immolated martyrdom though.

Iā€™m not the mod. Falcor the Donā€™t-Push-Your-Luckdragon is mod. I just drop by now and again to play with its food.

4 Likes

Antinous wasnā€™t ā€œold Boing Boingā€, I think he was part of BoingBoing 2.0. Weā€™re on BoinbBoing 2013 now, arenā€™t we (the naming conventions used by the marketing department bear no resemblance to actual release versions). And, heck, there were at least 3 different commenting systems before him.

There was one that was used for side-bar guestblogs and comments, and you could embed threads in threads, andā€¦ it got weird. I paypalled some guest-blogger $0.50 on a pay-for-play mention basis. He said it as a joke, and was a little freaked out when I ponied up. Did get the mention, though. On a now-defunct discussion platform.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

He really brought it on himself though, didnā€™t he.

4 Likes

Youā€™re gonna get what you deserve.

I really think you should take the time to fully explain what victim blaming is and isnā€™t. Sure, most of us know but a lot of us donnnnnnnnā€™tā€¦ obviouslyā€¦ so spell it out in plain English. Give it the ole wutfer.

1 Like

Nice try, but he is NOT the victim here. He is a perp. Once you are a perp, you no longer get to be the victim. If you are a perp somewhere else, but the people you are talking to donā€™t know you are a perp, you arenā€™t a perp. You could still be a victim. Until they know. And as soon as they know and you know they know, then you are no longer a possible victim, but youā€™re a possible perp. Or a prior perp because of your prior perpitude.

Get it straight!

I actually considered the post to be more fan-service than trolling.

Particularly with the Jackhammer Jill pic.

mmmmmmmā€¦ denim overallsā€¦

1 Like

Not even Jim J. Bullock?

He wrote a letter to the editors, how does that make him a perp?

Or are you thinking of the main point of a different thread?

If Iā€™m misunderstanding you, all I can say is PERP DERP.

Iā€™m pretty sure this is another Ferguson joke.

<a href=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ptOCAuEHRqu3jCpE7ThBwHdl1CfEHcevDnVz_abTxvg/edit?pli=1>Just in time, just for you.

If only that was always the caseā€¦

What is the flag on the left in the little drawing? The red one?

My error, thanks. Shouldā€™ve said ā€œManaging Editorā€.

4 Likes

LEST WE FORGET

NB: what started out as a fun thread soon got derailed into serious theoretical discussions.

Ugh.

1 Like

Fun fact: His design for that tee shirt was changed due to legal reasons.

1 Like

Waaaaaitaminute. Does banning bestow victimhood? If so, what then? What then?!