Like Putin, Trump wants U.S. out of NATO

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/15/nato-nono.html

7 Likes

Do tell.

Insert popcorn eating gif

7 Likes

Owning the Libs by selling the country.

18 Likes

“But… but at least we don’t have a black man as president anymore.” I want to kick the living shit out of my fellow muricans some times.

19 Likes

Now that’s a Russian asset.

7 Likes

11 Likes

ETA: disclaimer: listen to the song at your own peril; it’s quite an earworm.

6 Likes

You would think anyone wanting the US to be less militaristic would support such a move.

I don’t think it’s a good idea. The other NATO nations SHOULD do a better job of meeting the agreed upon funding guideline, however.

1 Like

28 Likes

SMH

10 Likes

Every morning I search for headlines announcing his arrest for treason or overdosing on Wendy’s slop or a good wholesome stroke. Then comes the downer realization of that theocrat eunuch pense and his mommy. I really wish for a god to pray to so that the remnants of the US can be patched back together. The dumbing down of schools, the absence of critical thinking skills leaves little room for hope. Give us progressive thinkers, with courage to spit in the motherfuckers face. Give us women and/people of color who are ready for the fight. These are the people I want to see in power. Old white men by and large are just too stupid and greedy to do anything except selling us out the highest bidder.

15 Likes

Seems like the Cold War never ended… for some. The paranoia of right wingers who saw Soviet plots behind everything they didn’t like has been fully taken up by media liberals. NATO is a relic of a bygone era and shouldn’t exist.

1 Like

Yes, people like ex-KGB officer Vladimir Putin, who has said that the fall of Soviet Union was one of history’s greatest tragedies.

That is an easy thing to say, if you a) don’t happen to live next to Russia, and b) keep your eyes firmly closed when Russia does things like invading Georgia, illegally annexing Crimea, or arming and supporting “separatists” who have turned eastern Ukraine into a frozen war zone.

21 Likes

commentator just said “before a few years ago Trump wouldn’t know NATO from NASCAR”

dead-right, putin gave him marching orders, or at least whispered into trump’s empty brain and planted the idea, just like withdrawing from Syria

trump is a one-man wrecking-ball to american investment and interests

literally the crazy relative at the thanksgiving table spouting all the cr*p they heard on FOX, except this nutjob was given presidential powers to make it happen

hurry the f-up Mueller

2 Likes

The fuck why? It’s essentially an agreed upon by the US and rammed down everyone else guideline.

5 Likes

OK so suppose you’ve been espousing some nutty political fringe position for years, like Lizard People run the WHO or something. You know it’s nuts, but it gets you on talk shows. Now, suddenly, it looks very much like the former Soviet Union is paying the US President to agree with you. That must be how the far right in America feels right about now.

2 Likes

What, exactly, did the Obama admin or NATO do about that?

Again…It’s like this goal discussed in the linked article below is coming true: destroy the system.

Or maybe not. Maybe the President and supporters truly have the country’s and world’s best interests at heart…it sure looks opposite tho.

5 Likes

Can Trump withdraw the US from NATO on his own authority, or does it require a vote in the Senate?

Well they definitely have a country’s best interests at heart, thing is it looks like that country is not the USA.

3 Likes